WISCONSIN GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Jaz is an unselfish ball player who I wish was more assertive.  She has lapses at times and can turn around and make a brilliant pass.  She had a sloppy turnover late in the game against the press.  Instead of passing cross court she should bring the ball up.  Despite this, we need her on the court. Glad she is a Husker.

Everyone has their opinions, after all that is we have this forum.   Yet there seems to be an overriding appearance of a black cloud over this team and the program.

I personally believe the program is solid, as is the team.  Look no further than the freshmen we currently have AND our incoming class.  We also have a top ten post player that seems to be ever improving.  Hake is coming on strong as well.  And whilst some worry about Jaz; I am convinced she is like the single footsteps in the sand.  When needed, she will be there, carrying her teammates.

Just saying...

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Red Don said:

:ph34r:  I find it difficult to interpret the +/- numbers.  Looking at them you'd think the game was a runaway.  Nowhere do they reflect it was a 2 point game at the end of the third quarter, and a one-point game @ 7:23 in the 4th, and 6 pts @ 1:13 left in the game (Anybody's Game at that point).  Not until Jazz made the 2 FTs of of William's Technical did the Huskers start to pull away, when Wisconsin was forced to foul, and we Made our FTs.     Maybe the +/- numbers are a reflection of who Wisconsin had on the floor as much as who we had on the floor.

The +/- stat sheet is 27 pages long.  If you look through it all, you will see exactly what you mention, score by score. No single page boxscore gives you the detail you mention.  That is why you watch the game.

Edited by 12dozen

19 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Everyone has their opinions, after all that is we have this forum.   Yet there seems to be an overriding appearance of a black cloud over this team and the program.

I personally believe the program is solid, as is the team.  Look no further than the freshmen we currently have AND our incoming class.  We also have a top ten post player that seems to be ever improving.  Hake is coming on strong as well.  And whilst some worry about Jaz; I am convinced she is like the single footsteps in the sand.  When needed, she will be there, carrying her teammates.

Just saying...

You are right.  We are improved but we as fans are are never totally happy.  We could beat Indiana on Sunday and there would be very little if any criticism until our next loss.  That is part of the human frailty.