2023 Football

hskr4life

It’s honestly a little ridiculous how that’s blown up.  Late hit?  Absolutely.  Should be a penalty?  Absolutely!  Should he have been ejected?  Debatable, but I can see both sides.  Do those types of hits happen every week somewhere?  Absolutely.

This has only gone viral BECAUSE it’s Colorado and Deion is the media’s darling.  I haven’t seen near the outrage or coverage at the video Deions kid poking a CSU player in the eyes through his face mask.

Hunter was talking big well before the game.  When you run your mouth, and act the way Colorado has acted through all of this, it’s not surprising a late hit happened.  Doesn’t make it ok… doesn’t make it not a penalty.  However, it does fit in with what happens in football every week somewhere.

2 hours ago, 49r said:

Come on now...

The fact we have LA Tech, Illinois, NW, Purdue, Michigan St left on the schedule…

combined with Wisconsin and a home game against Iowa tells me that 6 isn’t out of reach.  Sure, not likely… but it isn’t some insurmountable feat we’d need to pull off to beat 5 of those teams.

5 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Looking at our schedule and the rest of the Big 10 West, a bowl isn’t completely out of the question.

Had you only said a spot in the B1G championship game isn't completely out of the question, some Lucky Jerky would be headed your way.  Our defense is playing well.  By far, better than anything Riley or Frost put on the field.  Better than most Pelini defenses, save Suh's senior year.  A three loss West Division team, with tiebreakers, could win the division.  Today's news notwithstanding, we adjust and we rely on our defense.  Happens all the time.

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

The fact we have LA Tech, Illinois, NW, Purdue, Michigan St left on the schedule…

combined with Wisconsin and a home game against Iowa tells me that 6 isn’t out of reach.  Sure, not likely… but it isn’t some insurmountable feat we’d need to pull off to beat 5 of those teams.

If that happens, then we might have the same amount of wins as Colorado by the end of this season.

Okay, it's time to announce the Bob Barker pick the spread contest for the rest of the season.  Since we have fewer viewers than the soccer people, how is that possible?... This is manageable for me.   Here's how it works.  Whatever the point spread is for the Husker game each and every game day, whomever gets closest to predicting the final spread, closest to the spread on game day, without going over, gets 6 Lucky Jerky beef sticks.  If you happen to be the first person who nails the point spread, you'll get 6 sticks and 6 bags of slab jerky.  I'll check on the latest spread for tomorrow's game. Last I heard this morning it was 20.

On 9/30/2023 at 6:27 PM, hskr4life said:

Our last 3 are tougher than anticipated.  So if we want a bowl, winning these next 4 is probably a huge priority 

We have a chance against Iowa.  Maryland and Wisconsin will be tough.

One thing we really need to do is play better in the 1st half.  We are usually down or tied at halftime.  Need to figure out ways to get the ball in the end zone.

Halftime scores

Nebraska - Opponents 

0 - 3

0 - 13

14 - 7

7 - 7

0 - 28

We are outscored 58 - 21 in the 1st half.

4 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Just remember, there are some contractual obligations on the Iowa staff that need to be met to keep their job. So they may try to run up the score on us to protect their job.

Not trying to be cruel; but Nebraska actually has an offensive coordinator whereas Iowa has a coaches son who wishes to be an offensive coordinator.   

If Satterfield was fired tomorrow, he could and probably would land another offensive coordinator gig.  If Frenz was fired, at best, he could secure a job as an offensive line coach...in fact he would be/and was a great offensive line coach....just not a coordinator.