Ebb and Flow

Huskerpapa

6 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I’d be interested to see... in years past, how many teams #10 or higher in the RPI in January missed the Dance?  Since NET wasn’t used, we’ll have to go with the RPI.

Top 15 RPI on this date last year were all IN. Worst seeds from that group were Rhode Island (small conf) and Oklahoma (epic collapse). I believe the rest of the Top 15 RPI on this date last year got a top 5 seed. 

And it isn't just the NET that likes us. KenPom 11, sag... 11, BPI 12

Quad wise, we are 2-4, 3-0, 3-0, 4-0.  3 of four losses were true road games and the other was a neutral site game against the #5 NET team.

I know it's not in our basketball blood to do things like this, but this year everything just stacks up our way right now.  If this is Indiana with our schedule, record, ect, they would be talking about what they need to do to get a Top 4 seed.  Not make the dance.

10 hours ago, tcp said:

Okay, well, this one has some real merit. I think most of us can concede that. 

How can a school THAT close to Chicago be so wildly inconsistent? I guess it has something to do with Champaign/Urbana itself, I spent a summer there & it's not terribly different than Hastings. Think "Risky Business", if kids from the Western suburbs don't get an Ivy League scholarship it's Hello University of Illinois!

3 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

How can a school THAT close to Chicago be so wildly inconsistent? I guess it has something to do with Champaign/Urbana itself, I spent a summer there & it's not terribly different than Hastings. Think "Risky Business", if kids from the Western suburbs don't get an Ivy League scholarship it's Hello University of Illinois!

I never liked the town. It was sort of soulless. But I'm not a big Illinois fan in general geography wise, except for maybe north of chicago. I'm also biased because an old girlfriend got her PhD there and tormented me for years in the 90s. :) 

1 minute ago, Handy Johnson said:

Everything south of Kankakee is "Hillbilly Country", I was a fan of the Flyin' Illini Final Four team. Happy to kick 'em while their down tho... 

Well, I've been a fan of both Michigan and Iowa basketball for family reasons for decades (I've adjusted since out entry), so if you're referring to the Kendall Gill era, yeah, they were good. But I was happy Rice and Robinson took that title. I got to watch it in the middle of the night in Berlin when I was stationed there. 

3 hours ago, tcp said:

Well, I've been a fan of both Michigan and Iowa basketball for family reasons for decades (I've adjusted since out entry), so if you're referring to the Kendall Gill era, yeah, they were good. But I was happy Rice and Robinson took that title. I got to watch it in the middle of the night in Berlin when I was stationed there. 

Illinois beat them both times during the regular season, Final Four loss was tough. I remember Seton Hall had an Aussie named Andrew Gaze... Now about those Huskers, my 14-6 might have to be amended to 12-8, doesn’t mean we can’t get the automatic bid by winning out in Chicago! (see how I brought it back full circle)