Free Throws and Officiating

big red22

How about the charge/block call that went our way?  Granted, it was the correct call but it was pretty close and the Wisco fans didn't seem to be too happy about it?

It does seem to be a matter of perspective, to some degree.  For example, in the Iowa game immediately after Rivers is called for that no-contact / bogus foul, the Iowa coach seems to think the refs miss a call against Nebraska at the other end of the Court and, in hs typical passive / aggressive style, goes ballistic on the refs--as if the gift against Rivers were somehow earned.

I get so tired of losers continually whining about officiating.  You go to every message board of every team that lost last night and every single board will be whining about the officiating.  Give it a rest.

We won tonight... can I bitch now?  The way the games are called when we are home never benefit our team.  The refs were a complete joke tonight and I am still sticking with my original post.  We do not get the calls like other teams.  We won tonight... the refs called us for some of the dumbest s*** ever. 

Yes they were bad for Minnesota as well...  That is my point... home court, the calls generally favor the home team right.  Why does that not happen for us?

I get so tired of losers continually whining about officiating.  You go to every message board of every team that lost last night and every single board will be whining about the officiating.  Give it a rest.

We won tonight... can I bitch now?  The way the games are called when we are hope never benefit our team.  The refs were a complete joke tonight and I am still sticking with my original post.  We do not get the call like other teams do when we are at home.  We won tonight... the refs called us for some of the dumbest s*** ever. 

Yes they were bad for Minnesota as well...  That is my point... home court the calls generally favor the home team.  Why does that not happen for us?

Let me ask this question:  Is there ever any accountability for officials who suck at their job if neither the coaches nor the players can publicly call them out and fans are told they're losers if they call the officials out?

Try this one on the women's side of things, which sent the game to overtime:

https://twitter.com/swmckewonowh/status/559921644014022656

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam is right.  We shouldn't have been in that situation, but that was a totally gutless call.  That ref should be assigned to division 2 games.  Absolutely disgraceful and inexcusable.  There are judgment calls, and there is that with a second left. 

Try this one on the women's side of things, which sent the game to overtime:

https://twitter.com/swmckewonowh/status/559921644014022656

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically all you have to do as a shooter anymore is fall down and sell it like you got touched and the ref will give you the call.

But usually not at the final seconds.  That was just mind boggling.