Transfers

Here is what the kid said in his parting press release:

"I've been thinking about this for a while now," Frankamp said in the release. "I love KU and I love the Jayhawks. I feel like I've improved quite a bit since I've been here. I love my teammates but I just don't feel like it's the right fit for me. We have many good guards and so many big-time players. I want to be at a place where I could play a bigger role."

Wichita State has elevated its star quality, they have their own difference makers.  This kid would be a role player with the Shockers as well.  Quite frankly I would be a bit surprised if Creighton would really want him.  He needs to go to a bottom feeder where he can be a bit more selfish which would allow him to be a bigger fish in a much smaller pond.

As a fan of a program that has benefited substantially from transfers over the last few years, I'd have a hard time calling a kid "selfish" for wanting to find more playing time at a program than the one he signed with out of high school. 

Not trying to start an argument.  It's just I saw you posted basically the same thing over on the "college basketball" page and, I don't know, I just have a hard time dismissing a kid as just being nothing but selfish when he transfers to get more playing time.  I just think your last sentence is just a bit harsh, that's all.

Yup, that is me...just a harsh and bitter person.

Here is what the kid said in his parting press release:

"I've been thinking about this for a while now," Frankamp said in the release. "I love KU and I love the Jayhawks. I feel like I've improved quite a bit since I've been here. I love my teammates but I just don't feel like it's the right fit for me. We have many good guards and so many big-time players. I want to be at a place where I could play a bigger role."

Wichita State has elevated its star quality, they have their own difference makers.  This kid would be a role player with the Shockers as well.  Quite frankly I would be a bit surprised if Creighton would really want him.  He needs to go to a bottom feeder where he can be a bit more selfish which would allow him to be a bigger fish in a much smaller pond.

As a fan of a program that has benefited substantially from transfers over the last few years, I'd have a hard time calling a kid "selfish" for wanting to find more playing time at a program than the one he signed with out of high school. 

Not trying to start an argument.  It's just I saw you posted basically the same thing over on the "college basketball" page and, I don't know, I just have a hard time dismissing a kid as just being nothing but selfish when he transfers to get more playing time.  I just think your last sentence is just a bit harsh, that's all.

Yup, that is me...just a harsh and bitter person.

Now, c'mon, I didn't say that.  :P

I guess I just see transfers as being a normal part of the college landscape anymore.  We've benefitted from them in any number of ways.  For instance, when they leave here. 

I think most people were pleased, for example, when Vooch freed up a roster spot by transferring to a place that would enable him to see more floor time.  Selfish?  Perhaps.  But, in a bad way?  No.  Did we benefit from him leaving?  Oh, absolutely we did.

I think folks at KU might have been a little disappointed to see Andrew White leave, but I also think they probably understood his rationale.  Selfish?  Perhaps.  But, in a bad way?  Not in my view.

So this Frankamp kid decides to seek out an opportunity that offers more playing time.  I got no heartburn with that at all.  None.  You get to a place that's beyond the level of competition that your capable of playing at.  You're either burried on the roster taking up space for 4 years or you find another place to call home.  He chose the second option and I guess I don't fault him for that.

In fact, I wish him well.   So long as he doesn't choose Creighton as his next destination.  :P:D