Nebraska vs Oregon St. baseball Game Thread

Bugeaters1

I will say that I don't think this series will define the rest of the season at all.  Oregon St is good, we haven't practiced outside all year, and we showed that we can take care of the lower end teams on our schedule.  I will hold off judgement on the next two to three weeks until I see the games actually happened.

A good point was brought up that we haven't fielded a ball on the dirt for practice purposes all year.  Everything has been indoors on the turf.  Oregon St was able to stay in Arizona after last week and practice all week outside.

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Unacceptable to be swept.  I truly acknowledge that Oregon is a terrific college team, but you have to find ways not to get swept on a neutral site.  This does not define our team, but dang, it is still tough to get swept.

I truly question why we schedule this series every year. We’re never really competitive and it probably does a number on our confidence. Just go south and get some game in against some okay teams until we get our legs under us.

4 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I will say that I don't think this series will define the rest of the season at all.  Oregon St is good, we haven't practiced outside all year, and we showed that we can take care of the lower end teams on our schedule.  I will hold off judgement on the next two to three weeks until I see the games actually happened.

A good point was brought up that we haven't fielded a ball on the dirt for practice purposes all year.  Everything has been indoors on the turf.  Oregon St was able to stay in Arizona after last week and practice all week outside.

This is said every year. You may have a point now but even when the weather warms up we are nothing but a mediocre ball club under Erstad. 

Im not sure why we should expect anything different at this point. I’ll wait until he actually proves something on the field.  I still see the same issues that has plagued us for years. Minimal power, questionable pitching depth.

Edited by huskerbaseball13