Nebraska vs. Minnesota Game Thread

Bugeaters1

35 minutes ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Going out on a limb if we keep playing like these last 2 games we are building ourselves a ncaa tournament resume!!! And no one would of seen that happening!!!

love your optimism, but, we all know a long ways to go---but, i hear ya!

listened to the game call with matt and jeff. since i can only go by that, what impressed me the most, i think there were around 6 minutes left(?) and things seemed to be unraveling. matt was saying the same thing. i was hoping coach would call a time out----but the huskers pulled themselves together and settled things down. that showed me something right there!

haven't checked the stats yet, but, if someone told me Bell would get almost(?) 30 and minny drained 12 3's------i would have stated "loss".

oh, man. i'm kinda giddy!!! GBR!

Edited by whoopdeedoo

45 minutes ago, HB said:

Wow, Minny plays its starters huge minutes.   They got nothing off the bench. 

Yeah and thier is a guy that posts on here about how minutes are spread out amongst the Huskers. freasher legs at the end of the year hopefully.

Edited by Bugeaters1

And Look at that Attendance;  only 3,284.  (Husker Ladies had 4,383 vs Ohio State;  4,404 vs Wash St; and 3,635 vs Florida Atlantic, all @ PBA)

It will be a Happy Flight Home Tonight For New Year's Eve!  :Hooray:

(Top recruits are beginning to take notice of the fun the team is having, the stellar facilities, and even better fan support/crowds at our games!

These are some of the reasons Kate Cain chose Nebraska  :nod:)

Edited by Red Don

23 minutes ago, Red Don said:

And Look at that Attendance;  only 3,284.  (Husker Ladies had 4,383 vs Ohio State;  4,404 vs Wash St; and 3,635 vs Florida Atlantic, all @ PBA)

(I'm telling you, top recruits are beginning to take notice of the fun the team is having, the stellar facilities, and even better fan support/crowds at our games!

These are some of the reasons Kate Cain chose Nebraska  :nod:)

imagine the vikings home game had somewhat to do with their attendance. minny usually does a pretty good job with supporting gopher basketball (though, not at husker levels:D)

25 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Yeah and thier is a guy that posts on here about how minutes are spread out amongst the Huskers. freasker laegs at the end of the year hopefully.

Bugs,  it looked like we wore Minn out to some extent today. They didn't have much spunk late in the game. It did seem to have some affect.  We play at a pretty good pace and with our subbing a lot...you better have some gas in the tank to keep up. 

A huge stat in the box score..our team shot 50% ...best of the year and look what happened.  Love it !!

Edited by redsteve

10 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Bugs,  it looked like we wore Minn out to some extent today. They didn't have much spunk late in the game. It did seem to have some affect.  We play at a pretty good pace and with our subbing a lot...you better have some gas in the tank to keep up. 

A huge stat in the box score..our team shot 50% ...best of the year and look what happened.  Love it !!

Matt or Jeff made the comment before the game that if Nebraska could keep it close at the end. that the Huskers would beat them with execution, which is what happen. And you are right the big minutes that Minny played thier starters ahd a lot to do with it as well.

5 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Matt or Jeff made the comment before the game that if Nebraska could keep it close at the end. that the Huskers would beat them with execution, which is what happen. And you are right the big minutes that Minny played thier starters ahd a lot to do with it as well.

there was/is many a gopher fan that were hoping Stollings would not return. there was a lot of support for going after lindsay whelan (former gopher and present lynx player).

Edited by whoopdeedoo

3 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

there was/is many a gopher fan that were hoping Stollings would not return. there was a lot of support for going after lindsay whelan (former gopher and present lynx player).

Well damn, they ran Borton out of town so nopw they get stuck with the sword.

23 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Well damn, they ran Borton out of town so nopw they get stuck with the sword.

i think Borton came out with a book a couple years ago (?) and had a section on the minny situation. i did see an interview with her about the book and she stated she had it in her book and has moved on. i think it was during the period when the athletic department was a mess. a real good friend of mine, who himself is involved in DI athletics, had a daughter that was being recruited by minnesota for vb. i think they visited the year before Borton was let go. anyway, they decided to go elsewhere. he told me they were a bit concerned about the situation in minny's athletic department at the time.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

On 12/29/2017 at 9:10 PM, HUD said:

Kate, Maddie and Taylor have big games and we avenge the embarrassing loss at Minnesota 2 seasons ago where they drubbed us 110 to 73.

Maybe a dream but wouldn't that be great!!!

When I posted this earlier I felt we had a chance as Minne isn't very strong inside.  A dream come true!!!  GBR.

i was a little surprised stollings didn't have Fernstrom(sp?) in the game once in awhile. at 6'5", expected to see her get some minutes. maybe she has regressed---she had a really good freshman season at iowa state. don't believe she had too impressive of a season with minny last year though.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

8 hours ago, HUD said:

When I posted this earlier I felt we had a chance as Minne isn't very strong inside.  A dream come true!!!  GBR.

8 hours ago, HUD said:

What a Difference a Year Makes!  :o

(Hey, that would make a good title for a Song. :Lol:)