Big Andre'

Red Rum

I'm still skeptical. Almeida has looked very good in the past, but once conference play approached, he seemed over matched. With the news that he's dropped some pounds, had better conditioning, and has been getting stronger, I really hope he holds up to the hype. This kid can really do some big things this year (no pun intended.....well, yeah....completely intended).

Andre needs to play " with a fire in the belly", he is too easily discouraged, then he pouts and gives up. He'll need to bring it every night once the Big 10 starts.

And stay out of foul trouble. I see a bunch of this in Andre's future, against teams with a post presence. I hope his time on the floor is only limited by his stamina, and not fouls. Although the two may relate; some of his fouls are probably due to fatigue or the feet not working to carry around what they have to.

And stay out of foul trouble. I see a bunch of this in Andre's future, against teams with a post presence. I hope his time on the floor is only limited by his stamina, and not fouls. Although the two may relate; some of his fouls are probably due to fatigue or the feet not working to carry around what they have to.

Add Ubel to that list.

I liked how the game was reffed.

It allowed Andre' to "play big". They realized he is a big man and let him play that way.

There are times where, because of his size, Andre' either gets a call against him or a no call that should have been called.

The refs did the best job of calling a good game in Andre's favor as I can remember.