Yeah, OK Creightonistas, now we see how you really are.

Norm Peterson

It has to suck to be one of the Creighton fans that hates the Shockers and us more than they like their own team.  They are so jealous of the Shockers it is starting to make me a fan.  And it is absolutely hilarious that they talk negatively towards the Valley when they defended it so hard in years past.  And the clowns that think that they are in a better league than we are become especially entertaining.  It is awesome that they have to suffer during the season that lines up perfectly for them. 

I really can't believe all their negativity towards Wichita State and the MVC now. They really think they are big-time now. When they were in the MVC, they couldn't stop talking about how good the league was and how they were disrespected by major conferences. Now they are pulling the same stunt, and Wichita is way better than Creighton ever was in the MVC.

I think message boards sometimes bring out the worst in people and their underground board is a bad example of that.  In fairness, there are also some Nebraska boards that don't exactly reflect favorably on Husker fans either.  I think this board is somewhat of an exception and I think it's because the people who post here are, for the most part, affable and easy going and don't want that kind of caustic environment.  But we do have our moments over here, too.

I think message boards sometimes bring out the worst in people and their underground board is a bad example of that.  In fairness, there are also some Nebraska boards that don't exactly reflect favorably on Husker fans either.  I think this board is somewhat of an exception and I think it's because the people who post here are, for the most part, affable and easy going and don't want that kind of caustic environment.  But we do have our moments over here, too.

Sure, but at least we have the honesty to sick back and say "Creighton has a really damn good team," even though we hate them.

They can't even acknowledge that we play some semblance of the game they call "basketball"...every time we step on the court it's just wise-cracks about how terrible we are and setting basketball back 30 years...blah blah. I'm convinced that if we made the NCAA Tournament they would chalk it up to the Big Ten being a horrible conference. Oh wait, they're already saying it. Even though every team has a winning record...the league is #2 in the RPI...has 5 teams in the Top 30...

Whatever. At least I can acknowledge Creighton has a great basketball team.

Its a great time for both fan bases. Lets be real, Message Board Fans tend to dicect and pick at the smallest details, they tend to spew opinions that generally do not reflect the feelings of the majority of that teams fanbase. What is beyond opinion and rooted in facts is; Lincoln and Omaha are seeing some of the best basketball in the country from a RPI perspective.  I admit I like watching B1G/ B East teams more than MVC teams but I also watch a lot of WSU games on ESPN3. They are really the only MVC team worth watching this year. Its going to be a great dance this year but the road to get there for Nebraska residents has 16 top 100 teams in B1G/B East! In fact, all 22 teams from both conf's are in the top 150 (that's unreal). The B1G/B East are two of the top 4 conferences overall. The Margin between the two is slim, slimmer than many here would want to admit anyway (especially to CU fans). Obvioulsly, there is no denying that this has been upgraded over the B1G/MVC days for hoops fans in our area (half the MVC is outside the top 150). Are Creighton message board fans "big timing" their former MVC mates??? I dont know. The MVC was a much better conf with Creighton in it, that is for sure. It was then and would be now a top 10 conf with them in it. Really, one could argue they are still a very good MVC team that could have been doing this all along. They and WSU didn't/don't get to many top 100 teams to sign home and home series with them. What CU is doing to the B East now, with those teams having to make that trip to Omaha, just confirms that feeling to me. There is nothing wrong with MVC ball, as many major confs find out when they draw one in the dance, its just not as good as the B1G/B East night in, night out.

The interesting thing is, CU may have an higher percentage chance of winning the Big E than it would have had in the Valley this year...depending on your opinion of how they matching up with WSU.

However, I will echo Miles Davis..." Whatever. At least I can acknowledge Creighton has a great basketball team."

But next December...in Lincoln...Can't come to soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Creighton fans are all butt-hurt that Xavier shot 9-16 (56.3%) from 3 against them today. Apparently only Creighton is allowed to shoot three-pointers well.

In the Jays' last 6 games, they are 4-2 with two of the wins being a squeaker at last-place Butler and a squeaker at home against 7th-place Seton Hall. They also owned Villanova and won by 15 at Marquette. Not exactly playing awesome basketball, despite what their fans would tell you. On paper, you'd have to say we've had the more impressive last month, but what do I know, I'm "delusional"

This is classic.  Our good friend, Double Douche with this gem.  You talk about delusional.  Pot, meet kettle.  This moron is going to call out a guy for doing what he did multiple times? 

"

Re: Delusional

"Why do Husker fans register here with Creighton or Jays in their screen names? Do they really think they are fooling anyone?"