2015 Recruits

Row6Seat10

Hallie Thome the 6’5 center from Chagrin Falls HS, Ohio whom the Huskers have shown to have an interest in, will visit Louisville this week-end.

While she said she hasn't released a list of schools to the media, several sites say she's also looking at Purdue, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Vanderbilt among others.

http://louisville.scout.com/2/1394632.html

Ibis is 6'2", long arms, and has a superb, athletic physique.  She blocked a couple of shots in the state championship game where she really elevated to swat the ball away.  Really good leaping ability.  Add to that, that in spite of being a lefty (who traditionally have clumsy-looking shooting form) Kiana's jumper is a thing of beauty.  She gets fantastic elevation and has a nice high release.  One of the best looking jumpers I've seen in the girls' ranks.  I think she is just now tapping her potential.  Very high ceiling.  Take a snapshot right now and those girls from Kansas might be better.  But with her off-the-charts athleticism, I suspect if you come back in a couple of years, Kiana will have closed the gap and even surpassed a lot of players that would be considered better recruits right now.

That, in a nutshell, is the reason why I really want Ibis in a Husker uni.

Hey now Norm we like to be refered to as wrong arms plz.

Geno Auriemma got an Easter present Sunday as Napheesa Collier comes off our big board with a verbal to UCONN. At least we got our foot in the door with this one. It's not too often a top 10 recruit would show interest in the Huskers unless their from Nebraska.

http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2014/04/20/visit-to-uconn-this-weekend-was-enough-for-collier/

When listening to Ibis's interviews during the state tourney on Omaha TV stations, she seemed somewhat aloof when interviewers would ask about her becoming a Husker. Which I took as she was more interested in going elsewhere. Hope she has a good career down in Tempe.

Like HB says we can't get them all. But we can put the full court press on the Kansas kids especially Kaylee's little sister!

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140423/PREPZONE/140429380/1532#omaha-benson-star-kianna-ibis-commits-to-arizona-state

All Star Girls Report is indicating 6'4 Jordan Moore (2015) of Stoney Point High School in Round Rock, Texas has Nebraska, TCU and Utah as her finalist when it comes to picking her college. 15.5 ppg, 8.4 rpg, shooting 35% from the field, 57% from the charity stripe, almost 3 blocks per game.

RRSP3228.JPG

What bothers me is how can she avg. 15.5 pts a game and only shoot 35% a game, That is a bit puzzling to me but the rest looks okay other than the 57% FT shooting.

I've dug a little deeper on the up to date stats on Jordan Moore. There seems to be a discrepancy on various different sights. The one I found tonight has her playing one more game this past season and her final stats at 20.8 points per game and 11.9 rebounds per game. It also sounds like TCU is at the top of her list. As she has developed a close relationship with new TCU assistant coach Edwina Brown. Some of you may remember Brown she starred for Texas in the late 90's.

• 3 weeks later...

My guess is that they're ready to move on to 2016. Unless that big surprise can't miss type of recruit should happen to come up at the last moment.

NU is holding their summer camps this June. I think they start next week if I'm not mistaken. Limited practice that's allowed will start pretty soon.