Florida (28-27) vs Nebraska (39-20) Game Thread

6 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Do we roll the dice and start Brockett tomorrow,  and save Mason for Sunday?  We might have to.  I don't see Brockett or anyone else shutting down OSU or Florida. 

Depends on how many pitchers Niagara use's tonight.

4 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Depends on how many pitchers Niagara use's tonight.

I will say if we can't outslug Niagara.   We are not out slugging OSU or Florida.   Mason gives us the best chance to beat those teams.

1 minute ago, brfrad said:

I will say if we can't outslug Niagara.   We are not out slugging OSU or Florida.   Mason gives us the best chance to beat those teams.

Guess we will have to watch the game tonight. But it won't be a good gauge of what Niagara can do. JMO!!

26 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Do we roll the dice and start Brockett tomorrow,  and save Mason for Sunday?  We might have to.  I don't see Brockett or anyone else shutting down OSU or Florida. 

To be honest, I wish NU had pitched Sears tomorrow. Oh well, guess we shall see what happens now... not all that great to have lost the first one in a Regional, never even had a lead. We will move on, but that felt like a bit of a gut punch.

To be honest, I wish NU had pitched Sears tomorrow. Oh well, guess we shall see what happens now... not all that great to have lost the first one in a Regional, never even had a lead. We will move on, but that felt like a bit of a gut punch.
I think the boys laid all on the line last week.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Just now, Bugeaters1 said:

We had this same discussion during the basketball season, personally I'd want the rings and a trophy. So, yeah, that mental fatigue might have been an issue today. Florida probably felt like they were given a gift at 28-27 going into today's ballgame to face a 'tired' NU first up.

12 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

That’s what I was worried about that we played that hard last weekend and just the physical and mental level that was required last week. Took its toll on them

Edited by Silverbacked1

Alright-- so what's the best we can probably hope for?  For me, it's this.

1. Whoever said it might be right.  Start Brockett tomorrow.  Of course we have to win that one, but if we're playing to win a regional.... that's the go to.

2. We need UF to beat OSU with Cags pitching tomorrow.  I like our chances having to beat UF twice vs OSU twice at home.

3. We start Mason vs OSU in Sunday's Game 1 elimination.  Get the win there.

4. I may take back what I said about Walsh for that Sunday night game against UF.  They struggled with Sear's junk ball today.  They were all over the fastball.  I think Walsh might be able to keep them just enough off guard.

5. Monday-- anything is possible.

8 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

We might also have to realize that a boyish Florida team would be in the top 3 of the Big 10.  I did say might have to realize.🤔

They do remind me a bunch of Indiana, who did finish 3rd.