Nebraska (3-3) vs. Grand Canyon (5-2) Series Game Thread

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Yeah, when the broadcast came back from break, all we saw was the two coaches talking.  GCU was indeed pretty over the top all night.  Could have swore they ejected their pitcher in the 7th or 8th.  Yesterday definitely felt like a post season type game/environment.  Today should be fun.

According to the article on omaha.com, the pitcher was just warned.  I agree today should be fun.  Although,  I remember the Sunday game of the San Diego series last year, got a little heated.  Not much happened on Monday with regards to altercations. 

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to Nebraska (3-3) vs. Grand Canyon (5-2) Series Thread
13 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

do you know what happened?

I've watched the whole series so far. This GCU team is the biggest collection of pricks I've ever seen on a ball field. Will asked the umps to nip it, they didn't and it eventually crossed a line. Pitchers directly shouting at our guys. 3rd baseman made a nice play then started doing push ups. Hope we win today. 

1 hour ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I've watched the whole series so far. This GCU team is the biggest collection of pricks I've ever seen on a ball field. Will asked the umps to nip it, they didn't and it eventually crossed a line. Pitchers directly shouting at our guys. 3rd baseman made a nice play then started doing push ups. Hope we win today. 

I was in Lincoln for the WBB game yesterday, got to watch the last 5 innings. And did see anything on the video. And I didn't listen to the game live.

47 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

CC needs to eat some inning's. GC should have saved some of their piss and vineger for today.

I think they found it back.  We had an 8 - 1 lead.  Now, tied at 8.  This one will hurt, if we can't find a way to win.  I think Christo is in line to take Clark's spot in the weekend rotation. 

I'm impressed - we did a lot of good things against a motivated, solid team in their park across the weekend, yet we also showed quite a bit of grit on getaway day. To blow an 8-1 lead and find a way to steal a couple of runs to win it late is impressive. Love Worthley's bounce back today. We need him to be one of our top left handers.

I did not expect us to be over .500 after the first two weekends, yet here we are. And we're closer to 6-1 than 2-5, which is incredibly impressive. I feel pretty confident we've played some legit teams so far. We went through some hiccups that Northern teams always go through when traveling south against good teams early in the year, along with an injury to one of our top hitters from the first weekend, yet still we're over .500. 

A little worrisome we have a couple of minor injuries already in the bullpen, but that's where our depth should pay off. Timmerman will not have many days like he had today. He's good.

Need to cut down on strikeouts on offense, of course. The Ks are kind of odd, as we're hitting a lot of balls the other way, so I don't think we're overswinging. Hopefully, it's more of a blip than anything, but it is worrisome. Still, we have enough exit velocity when we are making contact that I don't think we need to change a lot of things at this point.

I love the lineup - we have those pesky speed guys who are going to make contact at the top, followed by some nice power in the middle, and guys who can get hot and cause a lot of problem at the back end. Nice balance.

I like this team a lot. They can score a few different ways, they play pretty good defense, they have a lot of arms they can try when things aren't going well, and they have some grit. That's a good formula in the B1G and in college baseball as a whole. Next weekend should be a lot of fun against an unbeaten C of C team that's dominated a pretty weak schedule so far.

Edited by throwback

6 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

HB your up, tell us want you seen.

Today the crowd was about 80% Red.  I thought Childress pulled a Clark too quickly, when GCU had a bunch of lefties in the lineup.   It was obvious Timmerman didn’t have it today from the get go.  Basically GCU gave it to us with walks, hit batters and really bad defense.  Props to Worthley for 3 shutout innings after we imploded.  

They were duly a bunch of pricks.  No handshake line after the game, and the Umps stayed on the field.  I hadn’t seen anything like the last 2 games since the NU-Texas games at Buck Beltzer  with Van Horn and Augie.

1 hour ago, HB said:

Today the crowd was about 80% Red.  I thought Childress pulled a Clark too quickly, when GCU had a bunch of lefties in the lineup.   It was obvious Timmerman didn’t have it today from the get go.  Basically GCU gave it to us with walks, hit batters and really bad defense.  Props to Worthley for 3 shutout innings after we imploded.  

They were duly a bunch of pricks.  No handshake line after the game, and the Umps stayed on the field.  I hadn’t seen anything like the last 2 games since the NU-Texas games at Buck Beltzer  with Van Horn and Augie.

Do you think it might have anything to do with the opposing fans taking over their own stadium? Just something I wondered...

That’s a 3-1 series win that’s only going to get better as it ages.  GCU is a good team and at times looked a little shaken at how things were going this weekend.  Their first weekend wasn’t a fluke and neither was our weekend here.  

CofC will present challenges again, but boy this was an awesome showing in the desert.

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to Nebraska (3-3) vs. Grand Canyon (5-2) Series Game Thread