2023 Husker volleyball

AuroranHusker

On 12/13/2023 at 8:49 AM, hskr4life said:

Why, on Gods green earth, would a national championship women’s volleyball match be played at 2 on a Sunday afternoon!?!?

ABC needs the ratings.  Nebraska vs Texas/Wisconsin will bring it. Just watch.  They'll get good numbers.  NFL is hurting. As is ABC...

Edited by cipsucks

Are the same announcers going to do the final?  If so I am watching the game basketball and listening to JB. Because they were bad.  
You would have thought we were some team that got hot at the end of the year and somehow magically got to the final four. And that Pitt hadn’t lost in years and was like 8 time national champions straight. 
They never talked that we had 5 All- Americans on this team. It was all about their two Freshman and how they were the best in the nation. 
I thought the funniest thing was when they were talking about the first set and that Pitt is just screwing up and we only had 6 kills… but we had 6 blocks and 2 aces and I always think that they are like kills. 

Can't underscore how great a season this was. Packing a football stadium to the point where most athletes, male or female, can't say they'll ever have the opportunity to play in front of that many people. Beating Wisconsin and then ultimately winning the Big Ten season outright. Nearly sweeping our way to the title game. Making it to the championship match while having no seniors on the roster.

Great season. Lots of expectations put on a young team and they delivered all the way to December.

Texas dominated the two best Big Ten teams at a time it mattered the most. Kudos to them. Here's to many more good seasons from this freshman class.

I’m sure this one left a sour taste in our mouths, but this season was nothing to hang our head on.  We ran into a team that, honestly, was just more mature.  They had seen the big spotlight, danced in it even.  We hadn’t seen a spotlight this big just yet.  

Texas played what was probably equal to their best and we struggled in areas we usually don’t. 

Serve receive really hurt us in this one.  If you can’t get passes to your setter, good things can’t happen.

We’ll be back.  We’ll be better for it. However, this one will take a while to get over.