MLS and Sporting KC - Official Thread

On 7/9/2024 at 12:22 PM, hskr4life said:

It’s Tuesday, July 9th and GB is still the coach of the USMNT.

It's Wednesday, July 10th and GB is no longer the coach of the USMNT.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10127148-gregg-berhalter-reportedly-out-as-usmnt-hc-after-group-stage-exit-at-copa-america

16 hours ago, 49r said:

Jurgen Klopp please!

🙏

We can’t keep doing the same thing.  Look if we go the Cherundolo route before at least reaching out to names like Klopp, etc, I might pull my hair out.  

As much as I paid to watch the Uruguay game, we can afford to throw some money at a solid name.  Go big.

This is the biggest two years coming up to grow the game… ever.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

We can’t keep doing the same thing.  Look if we go the Cherundolo route before at least reaching out to names like Klopp, etc, I might pull my hair out.  

As much as I paid to watch the Uruguay game, we can afford to throw some money at a solid name.  Go big.

This is the biggest two years coming up to grow the game… ever.

It sounds like Klopp is target 1A for USSF no doubt.  Whether they would be able to pique his interest is still unknown at this point but from all I've seen so far it does not sound like money is going to be an issue.  If Klopp is interested, we will make it work financially.

2 hours ago, 49r said:

It sounds like Klopp is target 1A for USSF no doubt.  Whether they would be able to pique his interest is still unknown at this point but from all I've seen so far it does not sound like money is going to be an issue.  If Klopp is interested, we will make it work financially.

Not surprised to hear he gave us a graceful yet swift “no”

11 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

America is completely unprepared for the World Cup. Field conditions, fan control, etc.

I disagree with fan control.  We host some of the biggest events on the planet every year and we do not have problems like we saw last night.

CONMEBOL was in charge of Copa and it showed throughout the tournament.  We offered help and they declined in many different instances which led to situations like last night.  USSF/FIFA will be in charge of the World Cup.

We have to improve field conditions massively, but this Copa and the World Cup will look massively different just based on who is running the tournament.

With all that said, last nights optics looked terrible.  That game should have never been played.  Who knows who got in and with what.  A massive failure all around last night unfortunately.

4 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I disagree with fan control.  We host some of the biggest events on the planet every year and we do not have problems like we saw last night.

CONMEBOL was in charge of Copa and it showed throughout the tournament.  We offered help and they declined in many different instances which led to situations like last night.  USSF/FIFA will be in charge of the World Cup.

We have to improve field conditions massively, but this Copa and the World Cup will look massively different just based on who is running the tournament.

With all that said, last nights optics looked terrible.  That game should have never been played.  Who knows who got in and with what.  A massive failure all around last night unfortunately.

This sort of behavior isn't uncommon at the club and national level in certain parts of the world. And, in fact, we have seen it at music festivals within our own country where people get trampled.

To me, my mention of fan control is more centered around access and mitigation. You can't eliminate all problems that happen around a stadium but you can neutralize many of them. And for access, there needs to be better staging or barriers to prevent people from pushing down gates or climbing walls and air ducts.