Webster

TourneyBound

Would you sign a letter of intent without seeing the school you were going to?

Luckily for us, we have some of the greatest facilities and nicest people in the country

Yeah, going across the world to play might make one want to see the school first. Perfectly reasonable. The question I have is why didn't he come for a visit along time ago? Why not get the visit done well in advance of signing day so that you can get him inked?

Yeah, going across the world to play might make one want to see the school first. Perfectly reasonable. The question I have is why didn't he come for a visit along time ago? Why not get the visit done well in advance of signing day so that you can get him inked?

Who wants to bet that this Doublejayalum/bluejayattyalum/all the other names hes had to come up with to post on this board?

He was always scheduled to visit later this month. Why? Who knows, it could be a number of reasons.

Who wants to bet that this Doublejayalum/bluejayattyalum/all the other names hes had to come up with to post on this board?

He was always scheduled to visit later this month. Why? Who knows, it could be a number of reasons.

When we first heard of us recruiting Webster, he stated that he was going to come for a visit after he graduated and finished up his schooling. He either just finished his schooling or is just wrapping that all up now. He is visiting December 3rd. I am not worried. I don't think it was a reality to finish school and sign his LOI on the first day of the signing period. If he can sign his LOI this week and bring it with him to lincoln then he will just hand deliver it. That's what I would do and that makes the most sense. We are in no jeopardy of losing Webster. He is a lock. Don't even factor in our prior history/luck on getting guys to campus. Those days are long gone.

Any suggestions on when would have been a good time for him to come?

He was playing for the NZ National Team over the summer. But that's our summer, not his summer. His summer starts, oh, about December 21. Right now, this is spring in New Zealand and he's just now finishing up high school. He's supposed to be graduating Friday IIRC and then his "summer" vacation begins. That sounds to me like a pretty good time for a kid from the other side of the world to come for a visit. Remember, it's not like he's from Omaha and can zip down here whenever he wants to.

Any suggestions on when would have been a good time for him to come?

He was playing for the NZ National Team over the summer. But that's our summer, not his summer. His summer starts, oh, about December 21. Right now, this is spring in New Zealand and he's just now finishing up high school. He's supposed to be graduating Friday IIRC and then his "summer" vacation begins. That sounds to me like a pretty good time for a kid from the other side of the world to come for a visit. Remember, it's not like he's from Omaha and can zip down here whenever he wants to.

Fair enough. All I was looking for was an explanation as it seemed weird. If there was no time to bring him in, so be it. I don't see why he couldn't miss a little school time to check out a potential college though.

I never meant to imply that he wouldn't eventually end up at Nebraska. According to Robin Washut on the radio this morning his dad has a really great relationship with one of your assistants.

Oh my gosh, relax. No need to get hostile or make allegations. I was only asking. I wasn't flaming. Be honest, this whole situation is pretty unique and not something we've seen much of in this part of the country.