The Official Media Thread

Ray Gallegos, Last of the Gunners - BT Powerhouse

18 points, zero rebounds, zero assists. That's the kind of stat line you rarely see this side of Grinell College anymore in college basketball, a game that has become statistically driven and now places an emphasis on efficiency and usage. There's no longer a need for one-dimensional scorers, it seems - the formula for success has evolved. Everyone needs to have a second skill, a second way in which to help their team when the first skill isn't working.

Around the Conference: Big Ten Stays Strong, Nebraska Loses First Game - BT Powerhouse

Playing in the Charleston Classic, Nebraska finally suffered their first loss of the season up against UMASS. In an ever so lovely free throw shooting contest (82 free throws between the two teams), Nebraska came up just a bit short against a Minutemen team that shot an even 50% from the field. After trailing around 10 or so points for a good chunk of the second half, the Cornhuskers cut the lead down to a possession and forced a turnover. However, Nebraska missed their last four shots and UMASS extended the lead to 6 points. Nebraska's loss here isn't that bad, though a win would have added to the teams growing momentum and fan interest.

Weekly Ranking: Week 1 - The Crimson Quarry

9. Nebraska (3-0) W v Florida-Gulf Coast 79-55, W v Western Illinois 62-47, W v South Carolina St 83-57

This team definitely has more talent than last season, we’ll have to see if they’re still capable of producing when more talented defenses show up. Still, I'm guessing they've got a good shot of being 6-0 when they go visit Creighton on December 8th.

Power-Poll: Drinking Games! - Off Tackle Empire

10. Nebraska (42) - Never Have I Ever

Won a game in the NCAA tournament. (10 other teams clap, drink)

Weekly Ranking: Week 1 - The Crimson Quarry

9. Nebraska (3-0) W v Florida-Gulf Coast 79-55, W v Western Illinois 62-47, W v South Carolina St 83-57

This team definitely has more talent than last season, we’ll have to see if they’re still capable of producing when more talented defenses show up. Still, I'm guessing they've got a good shot of being 6-0 when they go visit Creighton on December 8th.

I'm predicting we play more than 6 games before December 8th.  Feel free to bet the house on it.

• 2 weeks later...