Ohio St. vs. (28-25) vs. Nebraska (35-20) B1G Tournament Game Thread.

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Is there a run rule in effect?  It could save us some pitching.

It might.  It won't matter.  We have 4 pitchers we can count on.  Sears, McConaughy, Worthley, and Diass.

Are we trying to let Ohio State set the record for most runs in a Big Ten Tournament game?

Now, we have a guy who hasn't pitched in a month and a half to give it a try, with the bases loaded and no outs.  This should end well.

Just now, hskr4life said:

This is just an all around disaster.

I try not to use this word often... but the team, the coaches, everyone... should be embarrassed.  

If you really wanted to start Brockett tonight, why start him Saturday?

Doing something I don't do very often.  I'm turning a Husker game off and going to bed.  

Figure it the F out tomorrow fellas.  Or we'll be 2 and BBQ in Omaha.

We're lucky we're basically a shoe in for Regionals... because we don't look like a regionals team.

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to Ohio St. vs. (28-25) vs. Nebraska (35-20) B1G Tournament Game Thread.

OSU pitching update.

Tuesday Game:

- Beidelschies 76 pitches

- Herrell 28 pitches

- Brown 23 pitches

Thursday Game

- DeVooght 43 pitches

- Herrell 53 pitches

- Wynk 63 pitches

- Shaw 31 pitches

- Jones- 3 pitches 

Herrell is top 5 in team ERA and has started 5 games.  He’s likely out vs us having thrown both Tuesday and Thursday.

We’ll likely see Bruni or Purcell.

Bruni is 3-3 with a 6.10 ERA in 12 starts. He’s thrown 48.2 innings and leads the team with 41 walks vs 51 SOs.

Purcell is 3-4 with a 7.44 ERA in 9 starts. He’s thrown 52 innings and has 37 Ks to just 15 walks.  However he leads the team in hits given up at 74.  That’s well over 1 hit per inning pitched.

So our approach will probably widely differ based on who is throwing.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Brown throw at some point again today as he is top 2 in ERA and didn’t throw yesterday.

Edited by hskr4life

Purcell it is.  Boys better be ready to swing the bats today.  No easy ones, but a great opportunity to grab some

hits and score some runs.  Just looking at pitching matchups, we should be heavily favored to take care of business today and make it to the weekend.

49 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Purcell it is.  Boys better be ready to swing the bats today.  No easy ones, but a great opportunity to grab some

hits and score some runs.  Just looking at pitching matchups, we should be heavily favored to take care of business today and make it to the weekend.

Swanson heeded your advice!!

After a walk and a hit by pitch.  Which is uncharacteristic. 

11 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

What the hell are we doing running into not one but TWO outs.  This dudes laboring.  Hitting batters and walking em.  And we gift him two outs.  I just don’t understand.

I hated the hit and run more.  Overbeek should have made contact.  Instead, he swings like he wanted to hit it to Iowa.  Probably,  better off going with the straight steal.  Stokes peeking back, cost him.