Long Time Lurker on Here - Now a Question Asker: Anyone Know if There is a Husker Fan Pre-Game Party Friday Night?

Hi - I've been coming here for a long time. It's just that I never post, until now.

I'm a UNL alum and long-time Kansas City resident. I've got to be one of the most loyal Nebrasketball fans in the KC metro. Scouts honor!

My son (also a UNL alum) and I are driving from KC to Minneapolis for the Big 10 Tourney tomorrow. Does anyone know if there is a Husker fan pre-game bar close to the arena where we could hang for pre-game festivities? This will also be my first extended time in Minneapolis so I'm not real familiar with the layout. 

Any input is greatly appreciated. #GBR 

13 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Got this in an email from the university. I have no idea where this is, I've never been to Minneapolis.

image.png

Lyon's pub is in the Embassy Suites a block from the Target center. address is 16 South 6th st. phone # is 612 333-6612 hope this helps.

Edited by Bugeaters1

3 hours ago, Shawnee City FC said:

Great intel! My friend just mentioned Lyons Pub to me as being a Husker sports bar as well. He also mentioned an awesome Irish pub O'Donovan's that often hosts Husker fans. 

Thank you! 

That’s the place to go, ask for Adrian he’s the President of MN4NE & tell him the Sergeant of Arms sent you. 

1 minute ago, 49r said:

I would say it's pretty much a certainty given that it's a day that ends in "y".  Whether anyone else will be there with him is another question.

I'm guessing some one with Ed in their name will be. Have you been by his house?

On 3/14/2024 at 7:14 PM, hhcdave said:

I’m also in KC!!! We will have to meet up sometime and talk husker hoops 

Sounds good. I'm in Shawnee and work in Westport area. 

We had a blast at Lyon's Pub last night. 80% Husker fans and Luke Gifford, Gerald Foster  and Brandon Reilly were there with old guys buying them drinks. 

After seeing both teams play up close last night ,we are not losing to Illinois today. We may lose to Purdue tomorrow but we are not losing today. #GBR

Last night I'd say the arena was just 60% full and the fan split was 60% ILL, 20% Neb, 10% Various, 5% OSU and 5% IU. 

So Illinois will have the crowd advantage today but I expect more Husker fans to drive up today. In fact, I'm meeting my buddy from Omaha who drove up this morning here in a bit. Plus, any Purdue or Wisconsin fans who stick around for our game will root for NU. I'm hoping for a 40% crowd rooting interest in NU this afternoon. #GBR