Random Thoughts & A Question

On 2/13/2024 at 7:05 AM, jimmykc said:

I consult the board for Nebraska geography and songs. 

The very definition of one stop shopping!  

From a different thread which named all 93 counties in Nebraska.  Has anyone been to all 93?  I have not.  Never been to the northwest, sorry to say.  No Valentine or Chadron for me.  I've heard it's absolutely beautiful.  Hopefully, someday! Been to all the rest.

Here's a song for you, jimmy.

30 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

The very definition of one stop shopping!  

From a different thread which named all 93 counties in Nebraska.  Has anyone been to all 93?  I have not.  Never been to the northwest, sorry to say.  No Valentine or Chadron for me.  I've heard it's absolutely beautiful.  Hopefully, someday! Been to all the rest.

Here's a song for you, jimmy.

Been to 92, Cip.   Somehow in all my trips West I've missed Banner County.  

• 5 months later...
On 2/8/2024 at 4:46 PM, cipsucks said:

Yes, that is the former location of Conlee's.  We decided to shut it down right before the Covid nonsense hit. Good timing, I guess.  We sold the building last summer to these really good people. There is a third person involved, who I really admire.  All three were great patrons of Conlee's. I actually coached one or two of them in Little League baseball!  They gutted the building, which should have been done years ago.  They will put out a fabulous product and experience, I'm sure!  

I made my first foray to the Loading Chute yesterday.  They did a terrific job in revamping the interior, it's very well done.  I ordered a Chute Burger, which was really good, and my wife ordered a Farm Burger, which I had a bit of and was even better.  We'll definitely go back.

5 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

I made my first foray to the Loading Chute yesterday.  They did a terrific job in revamping the interior, it's very well done.  I ordered a Chute Burger, which was really good, and my wife ordered a Farm Burger, which I had a bit of and was even better.  We'll definitely go back.

I went on Friday and enjoyed a farm burger.  I agree that the remodeling looks great.