Where my temporary Buckeye fans at?

Neb Nets

1 hour ago, Neb Nets said:

Honestly, there’s nothing you can do about Clark except just count down the days until she graduates and leaves Iowa. She’s simply on a different level than everyone else. (And it makes me sick to have to say that)

And she is the biggest asshatt in college basketball.  Maybe in all of basketball.  

5 hours ago, Neb Nets said:

Announcers mentioned Clark has one older brother and also one younger brother still in high school. Had to breathe a sigh of relief that she doesn’t have a younger sister coming up who might go to Iowa and terrorize us for another 4 years. 

No, but Iowa does already have FROSH Taylor McCabe from Fremont, NE, who reminds me of an unseasoned C.C.

26 minutes ago, HUD said:

I have said it before and I will say it again Taylor McCabe is way over rated especially when being compared  to Clark.  This year she barely got to play even in garbage time.

HUD, did Taylor McCabe run over your dog with her car when she was in high school, or something? 🤣 Just kidding. 

I get that you feel McCabe is overrated as a player. You’re made that very clear on this board. I guess I respectfully disagree with you. While I certainly wouldn’t compare her talent to Clark’s or even think that Taylor will be anywhere near as impactful of a player as Clark, I can assure you Taylor McCabe is a talented player. How do I know? Because Lisa Bluder wouldn’t have signed her if she was overrated and couldn’t play ball at Iowa’s level. Bluder and her staff can actually recognize and evaluate high school talent, sign that talent to play in Iowa City and then fully develop that talent over a 4 year period. Unlike a certain coaching staff in Lincoln that I could name. 

Again, HUD, I have a ton of respect for your opinions on this board. I just happen to disagree with you on this one subject regarding McCabe. And that’s okay. Peace 🙂

For those who may have not watched the game yesterday it passed along that both Marshall, and Martin will be coming back using a covid year. Also that Warnock will not, going into dental school. With both Marshall and Martin coming back, McCabe may continue to see very little time til her junior year. While I do think McCabe is a D1 talent, she will be mostly a role player when she does get on the court. Maybe spot up three shooter at best. 

39 minutes ago, Neb Nets said:

HUD, did Taylor McCabe run over your dog with her car when she was in high school, or something? 🤣 Just kidding. 

I get that you feel McCabe is overrated as a player. You’re made that very clear on this board. I guess I respectfully disagree with you. While I certainly wouldn’t compare her talent to Clark’s or even think that Taylor will be anywhere near as impactful of a player as Clark, I can assure you Taylor McCabe is a talented player. How do I know? Because Lisa Bluder wouldn’t have signed her if she was overrated and couldn’t play ball at Iowa’s level. Bluder and her staff can actually recognize and evaluate high school talent, sign that talent to play in Iowa City and then fully develop that talent over a 4 year period. Unlike a certain coaching staff in Lincoln that I could name. 

Again, HUD, I have a ton of respect for your opinions on this board. I just happen to disagree with you on this one subject regarding McCabe. And that’s okay. Peace 🙂

41 minutes ago, Neb Nets said:

I probably came on too strong about McCabe.  No problem to disagree.  That's why I like this forum.  Differing opinions.  I probably have a burr under my saddle from her signing with Iowa.

With Taylor McCabe going to Iowa (didn't she play AAU ball there), and her younger sister, Payton, committing to Drake, I can't help but feel Nebraska had zero chance of recruiting either one regardless of what we did.  I rather got the feeling they'd go anywhere But Nebraska.   Maybe there is something in the water in Fremont?

48 minutes ago, Red Don said:

With Taylor McCabe going to Iowa (didn't she play AAU ball there), and her younger sister, Payton, committing to Drake, I can't help but feel Nebraska had zero chance of recruiting either one regardless of what we did.  I rather got the feeling they'd go anywhere But Nebraska.   Maybe there is something in the water in Fremont?

Red Don, I’ve often wondered to myself if Amy Williams’ recruiting bridge to the Fremont community wasn’t burned to a crisp as a result of things going south with Jess Shepard the way that they did. I have nothing to base that on; just pure speculation on my part. But I don’t really blame Amy for that dynamic if so. 

Edited by Neb Nets

2 minutes ago, Neb Nets said:

Red Don, I’ve often wondered to myself if Amy Williams’ recruiting bridge to the Fremont community wasn’t burned to a crisp as a result of things going south with Jess Shepard the way they they did. I have nothing to base that on; just pure speculation on my part. But I don’t really blame Amy for that dynamic if so. 

I think the McCabes were/are from Blair?  Omaha Skutt's Molly Ladwig is/was also from Blair.  Kids go to schools that better their opportunities.  I doubt Fremont, as a community, has a bias against Nebraska.  Does Amy Williams have a recruiting bridge to anywhere?  (maybe Australia?)

1 hour ago, Neb Nets said:

Red Don, I’ve often wondered to myself if Amy Williams’ recruiting bridge to the Fremont community wasn’t burned to a crisp as a result of things going south with Jess Shepard the way that they did. I have nothing to base that on; just pure speculation on my part. But I don’t really blame Amy for that dynamic if so. 

If I remember correctly the 'Shepard ship' was sailing (maybe not 'gone,' but well along in the process of having her mind made up) before Amy arrived.

1 hour ago, All About the Corn said:

Jess played in Connie's last year, and Amy's first year.

yes, and there is something else about that worth taking into account.  Jess transferred pre-portal.  Back then a scholarship athlete had to apply to NCAA to be eligible for transfer w/o penalty. Then NCAA, considered the circumstances, and decided.  I don't know what, if anything, this has to do with Jess' reason for transferring - just something to fold in to any retrospection about the circumstances of her leaving.