More Visitors

kldm64

Question, are these visits on our dime? If so do they count against our visits this year or the year that they would be seniors.

Also can a kid make more than one official to the same school. Guess you won't want to waste the visits but could you do that if you wanted.

Thanks I'll hang up and listen.

Edited by Silverbacked1

Question, are these visits on our dime? If so do they count against our visits this year or the year that they would be seniors.

Also can a kid make more than one official to the same school. Guess you won't want to waste the visits but could you do that if you wanted.

Thanks I'll hang up and listen.

I don't think these guys can be officials since they are 2015 guys. Someone who knows for sure correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the rule changed recently, but I thought the earliest you could take an official visit was spring of your junior year.

Silverbacked, I don't think it's a limited number of officials per calendar year. I think it's per recruiting class. So, if the number is 12, we get 12 visits for this class whether they're used this fall or next spring. If we bring in a visitor for the spring class, that visit doesn't count against visits for kids coming in the fall for the '14 class. Does that answer the question?

I don't think these guys can be officials since they are 2015 guys. Someone who knows for sure correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the rule changed recently, but I thought the earliest you could take an official visit was spring of your junior year.

Yeah it is too early to take an official and yes there is a limit of one official visit per school, meaning they could visit here multiple times if they choose, but only one time we can pay for everything.

As I understand it, each kid only gets 5 official visits. On his dime, he can go however much he wants. Unofficial visits, there's a limit to what the school can pay. Officials, there are limits too, probably, but a lot more the school can do in terms of travel and food and hotel and gifts and such.

In addition to limits on the number of officials a kid can take, there are also limits on how many official visits a school can host (pay for) during a recruiting cycle. Not sure the number. Someone said the other day that it was 12 and that, for the '13 class, we've used 4 of them. I thought I understood we had 8 or 9 remaining if we wanted to use them. They don't carry over so you might as well use them liberally if you have them.

And I think Miles has done a great job of trying to get guys to come here. I think some of them are being cautious about not using up all of their officials. If we get an official from a kid, I think that's a very good sign. And even though we didn't get him, Vitto Brown took an official here.

Vitto, by the way, had a 28 ACT. That's pretty darned good. I wish he'd chosen to be a Husker.

hanks guys because when I was being looked at in the old days, everything was on my dime.

Course when you are just looking to play football at NWU, Wayne, Kearney or Peru it isn't like they are rolling out the big red carpet. :D

Division 1 and Division 2 technically are the only schools that can use official visits per the NCAA. Most D-2 schools cant afford to bring kids in so the majority of times its just D-1 players getting their visit paid for them.