The Path

7 minutes ago, Klas3131 said:

All good points.  Can't question the heart.  But keep in mind that they just played an OT, very emotionally draining game just 4 days ago as well.  Lots of minutes for the guys there too.  You may be right about the legs.  But I still maintain that this matchup is just horrible for us.  Bruno could go for 25 and 15.

I think we’ll have to pick our poison.  Let Bruno get his or let the team get theirs.  Personally I don’t care one way or the other.  We’ll have to shut down one though.

How we beat Maryland

1.  Only one player can have a big game.  Choose your poison.  Bruno, Jaylan, Cowan.  But not all three.

2.  We have to jump on them early.  Odds are they shoot pretty bad for the first 4-5 minutes of the game.

3.  Maryland doesn't score 65.

4.  Palmer, Watson, Roby combine for 55+ points.

5.  No player with more than 2 fouls at half.

9 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

How we beat Maryland

1.  Only one player can have a big game.  Choose your poison.  Bruno, Jaylan, Cowan.  But not all three.

2.  We have to jump on them early.  Odds are they shoot pretty bad for the first 4-5 minutes of the game.

I would love to see point #2.  But when is the last time we jumped on a team early?  Indiana almost 2 months ago?  Honestly, I can't remember.  So many games where we are down by 7-10 points (or more) in the 1st 10 minutes lately.

Just now, Klas3131 said:

I would love to see point #2.  But when is the last time we jumped on a team early?  Indiana almost 2 months ago?  Honestly, I can't remember.  So many games where we are down by 7-10 points (or more) in the 1st 10 minutes lately.

Exactly... which is why we need to do it today.  Not saying we're going to, but to give ourselves a shot, we need to.

One thing we have going for us is that this is a bit of an adjustment to shoot in this building.  1st halves both easy under bets yesterday.  Guessing this Indiana game has decent shot at under 1st half as well.  Tighter rims, different backdrop.  Hoping our having shot here once and in tomorrow's case twice neutralizes the freshness and then some.  

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

How we beat Maryland

Everything checked out for the first 20.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:02 AM, Klas3131 said:

To each their own, but there is a reason many call the NIT the "No Interest Tournament".  NOTHING beats the NCAA Tourney.  Greatest sporting event out there, especially that first couple of days.  

The reason the NCAA is better is because it has better teams...but I think it would be better if they played on home courts in the first two rounds, maybe even the first 4 rounds.

when you watch the first round games, many of the games are played in empty arenas...maybe the marque game is almost full in each venue.

Heck, I think the Big ten should play the first couple of rounds at home venues until they get to final 8...

1 minute ago, Blindcheck said:

The reason the NCAA is better is because it has better teams...but I think it would be better if they played on home courts in the first two rounds, maybe even the first 4 rounds.

when you watch the first round games, many of the games are played in empty arenas...maybe the marque game is almost full in each venue.

Heck, I think the Big ten should play the first couple of rounds at home venues until they get to final 8...

Or put them in cities where people might actually be interested in watching. I remember going to NCAA Tournament games at the Devaney Center, and it was packed, even for Jackson State. Then the NCAA decided that Lincoln didn't have enough hotel rooms. Pshh.

12 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Or put them in cities where people might actually be interested in watching. I remember going to NCAA Tournament games at the Devaney Center, and it was packed, even for Jackson State. Then the NCAA decided that Lincoln didn't have enough hotel rooms. Pshh.

I couldn't agree more.  Why do you have 4 or 8 teams playing where maybe 1/10 of the people in that town even know it is being played there.. While you could go to places where the games would be sold out, can't believe they are making that much more money with half full stands and not full?

Oh well 

6 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I couldn't agree more.  Why do you have 4 or 8 teams playing where maybe 1/10 of the people in that town even know it is being played there.. While you could go to places where the games would be sold out, can't believe they are making that much more money with half full stands and not full?

Oh well 

Makes sense.  For example, I live near Des Moines.  1st and 2nd round games are here this year.  It's been sold out since about 20 minutes after they went on sale.  

10 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Oh well 

Most of their money comes from CBS/TBS/TNT/TruTV contract.  Attendance money is gravy.

10 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Well darn it.. Guess we should have taken the other path at the fork in the road

Considering how bleak things seemed to look for Lincoln, Nebraska's basketeers a mere week ago, Nebrasketball's 3-1 week (93-91 over Iowa, 68-61 over Rutgers, 69-61 over Maryland, and 62-66 vs Wisconsin) seems pretty, pretty, pretty good to me. 

That type of B1G week put the Huskers in position for post-season play to continue. And, I, for one, hope for an N.I.T. home game. I want to see these Senior Dudes on the roster ball out at least one more time. GBR !!!

Edited by AuroranHusker

9 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Considering how bleak things seemed to look for Lincoln, Nebraska's basketeers a mere week ago, Nebrasketball's 3-1 week (93-91 over Iowa, 68-61 over Rutgers, 69-61 over Maryland, and 62-66 vs Wisconsin) seems pretty, pretty, pretty good to me. 

That type of B1G week put the Huskers in position for post-season play to continue. And, I, for one, hope for an N.I.T. home game. I want to see these Senior Dudes on the roster ball out at least one more time. GBR !!!

Totally agree