WBB: Game # 17 @ Northwestern

Row6Seat10

I may be a glass half empty individual but I don't see much success in the upcoming schedule.  Iowa is good and both Michigan teams are good.  NU is not playing well and no one is making big plays, hitting free throws or making a clutch shot.  Lindsey Moore on the floor might have resulted in a victory.

One positive, the play of Allie Havers.  She might as well play some minutes because the team is struggling.  The new wave of recruits can't get here soon enough.  If they are as good as advertised, they will all play a considerable amount of time.

Pressure to start mounting on the Coach?

We got a Regional at the end of March in Pinnacle Bank Arena and todays revamped ESPN Bracketology  has Nebraska on the outside looking in, on making the NCAA tourney.

She better get this thing straightened out, even the national pundants are taking notice on how the Huskers have been playing.

Pressure to start mounting on the Coach?

We got a Regional at the end of March in Pinnacle Bank Arena and todays revamped ESPN Bracketology  has Nebraska on the outside looking in, on making the NCAA tourney.

She better get this thing straightened out, even the national pundants are taking notice on how the Huskers have been playing.

Why would the pressure be mounting?  Earlier this year, yeah, I think the pressure was mounting because of the preseason accolades the team had in front of them still with the Big 10.  At this point she knows what she has and is trying manage the team as well as she can.

Im sure that she would love to be in the tournament and would definately love to be in the Sweet 16 and play in front of the home crowd.  I believe that CY is a realist and knows what is an acceptable level of play for her team.  Is winning every game what she wants to do?  Of course it is- its what everybody wants to happen, but one is very near sighted if they believe that will happen.  I say that we, at best, win the rest of the games at home and loose the rest on the road (8-8 league record).  Will that be enough to get into the tournament?  I would hope so...... but again at that point- its out of our hands.

I agree Yori's trying the best she can to manage this team but you can't tell me there's no pressure starting to mount.

The powers that be wouldn't have put in for a bid to host had they perceived the Huskers wouldn't make the NCAA tournament. They knew that Nebraska should have a very good team coming into this season and the chance of making the tournament looked really good. And if they hosted they would get good crowds. Those 4000 or so fans who bought tickets for the regional didn't buy them because some other teams besides the Huskers would make it that far. Just like volleyball when the Huskers host the second round.

We go .500 in the Big Ten that won't get you into the NCAA tournament it might put the Huskers on the bubble only because we're hosting the regional. Illinois had a 9-7 B1G record last year and didn't get an invite. That would give Nebraska 18-10 overall record going into the Big Ten tournament needing quality wins in the tournament just to get on the bubble because of our weak strength of schedule. And speaking about our schedule, it's ranked as the worst in the conference.

Our RPI is now ranked at #78 and is dropping and you need to have at least a RPI ranking of #60 or better to get an at large bid.

We got to finish with at least 21 or 22 wins to get a decent at large bid. It starts Wednesday and needs to continue Saturday @ Iowa. We have too good of a team not to make the NCAA tournament and it would be a big disappointment to many if we don't make it.

I said we were a WNIT team weeks ago on here and it got no response.  I wasn't just being a cranky old guy.  It was obvious very early we weren't very good.  Just got caught in a numbers game and lack of overall talent in the program.    With Jordan playing well, we're a low seed/bubble team.  With her playing like she has the past several games, we're WNIT.  Personally I don't think this is game preparation or coaching, but the result of several very poor recruiting years other than having 2 in-state phenoms.

I said we were a WNIT team weeks ago on here and it got no response.  I wasn't just being a cranky old guy.  It was obvious very early we weren't very good.  Just got caught in a numbers game and lack of overall talent in the program.    With Jordan playing well, we're a low seed/bubble team.  With her playing like she has the past several games, we're WNIT.  Personally I don't think this is game preparation or coaching, but the result of several very poor recruiting years other than having 2 in-state phenoms.

I agree!

You won't get any argument from me HB.....but I also think we have enough talent to win in this league now as I don't think the competion in this league as a whole is all what it's cracked up to be. Now next year when Maryland joins it'll be a different story.

yes, the league will only get tougher with Maryland and Rutgers joining, plus there I a lot of young talent spread throughout the league.  Hopefully our best rated class of all time will pan out, and it gets followed up on with Shepard's class.

Been gone for a while, so did not see the last game.  bottom line our star is performing poorly.  in the last 3 games she is 12-54 shooting and even more disturbing is that we have not gotten to double digit rebounds and the most disturbing to me is that she is not moving without the ball.  long story short, if we do not get whatever issue solved we are not even going to be a .500 in the league.