Game Day Essentials: Game #2 vs Mary

hhcmatt

Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-0) vs Mary Marauders (0-2)

CxUz_i3UQAACXK-.jpg

Date: Tuesday, Nov. 15
Time: 7:01 p.m. 
Arena: Pinnacle Bank Arena

Broadcast:  None

Web:  BTN+ (Pay)

Replay:  Tentatively set for Wednesday at noon CST though don't bank on it.

Mary Info

MaryMarauders.png

Head Coach: Brian Katz
Conference: Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (Division II)
Nickname: Marauders
Mascots: None
Last time out: Lost to Southwest Baptist University
Typical Rotation Depth: 9-10
Line: None
4 Factors:  Not exactly sure
Tempo: Honestly this didn't seem worth figuring out

Style: Look man, if we end up losing this game THEN you can call me out of dialing this in

Shirt not to wear: Blue, Orange, puffy shirt

Meta Pregame Drink/Meal: The loaded Bloody Mary at Leadbellies

19355588493_334c737107_b.jpg

The Skinny: You might be thinking to yourself: I get that Miles went to the University of Mary and that's why they're on the schedule but why on earth are we playing a regular season game against them.  Consider that all wins against "bad" teams are expected and the committee cares only if you lose to such teams, this presumptive Mary win gets lumped in with teams like Sacramento St.  However, this game is one that doesn't actually count against your RPI so it's all the benefit of your classic "money" game without any of the downside, assuming you win.  Also as Lee B reported, this money game only costs us $20,000 as opposed to the $80-$110k one would pay to bring in a small Div 1 school.

This is one last tuneup game for the Huskers as Saturday's opponent Louisiana Tech out of Conference USA is coming off of four consecutive 20 win seasons 

Typically is the point where any stats and information I've poured through comes together as a score prediction.  These guys are 0-2 but they've put up some points...but it's been against other so-so team....we're probably going to be working on more lineups.....all the freshmen are probably mad they laid an egg on Sunday....Miles doesn't want to embarrass these guys.....we might never get another chance to see Mohammad Elradi.  MANY GUT FEELINGS TO CONSIDER

Prediction: Nebraska 95 Mary 59 with a 100% chance of Runza    

View full article