Indiana (28-20-1) vs. Nebraska (31-18)Series Game Thread

Whatever "gritty" this team had on the road in Febr and March, they left it on the team bus. Some of the worst home meltdowns in the past few weeks I think I've ever seen in that ballpark.

The season isn't over, but it feels like it.

At this point, we have to try someone completely different at the back end. Maybe Clark or Christo. 

And just because the bullpen guzzled gasoline again, don't let the bats and the defense off the hook. Some god-awful base running blunders / near blunders, too. Another full team choke job for sure.

1 hour ago, throwback said:

Whatever "gritty" this team had on the road in Febr and March, they left it on the team bus. Some of the worst home meltdowns in the past few weeks I think I've ever seen in that ballpark.

The season isn't over, but it feels like it.

At this point, we have to try someone completely different at the back end. Maybe Clark or Christo. 

And just because the bullpen guzzled gasoline again, don't let the bats and the defense off the hook. Some god-awful base running blunders / near blunders, too. Another full team choke job for sure.

The last mentally tough team we had was lead by two Erstad guys who were absolute studs in Schwelly and Hallmark. Since then we have been void of toughness/grit. Still time for this group to find it again. If they don’t, really will start to wonder what we have in Bolt. 

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to Indiana (28-19-1) vs. Nebraska (30-18)Series Game Thread

Last night happened.  It’s done. We move forward. Still pissed, but I hope the boys are as well.  So what is the state of the Union?

1. We’ve gotta find our edge again.  What happened to that team that went toe to toe with the B12?  That team that was ready to go toe to toe with Grand Canyon?  Where’s that fire?  Gotta find it.

2. We have to have a little urgency now or we’ll find ourselves in a “have to play our way in” situation.  We won’t host.  Fine. Whatever.  Don’t find ourselves on the other end of that.

3. As we start looking at portal entry needs, I’d like to find someone who is willing to take on a mid-week starting role and someone for our back end.  Also, I don’t think the pitchers we have are bad.  Confidence fellas.  We’ve got decent stuff.

4. Just play ball.  Go after hitters.  Challenge them.  Don’t get cute.  There’s no need to throw behind two runners with 2 outs in the last inning. (Yes, I know he was toast if we get him)

5. Just go out and play.  Have fun. Do that and the wins should come.  We’ve only lost one weekend series.  Don’t make this 2.

Can someone explain why we shift with 2 strikes?  

Most hitters aren't going to pull a 2 strike pitch.  I'm not sure how many hits we saved by doing that.  I know for sure we have 2 hits due to shifting with 2 strikes.

Edited by brfrad

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I mean-- thankful that Mason has outdueled their ace, BUT, we have been terrible with RISP.  So many strikeouts.  We've had our chances to go up and by a few runs at least.

Leise said we are 2 for our last 30 with RISP.

Hopefully,  Mason has something left in the tank.  I have 0 faith in our bullpen.

Tied at 1 at the 7th inning stretch.

Edited by brfrad

6 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Leise said we are 2 for our last 30 with RISP.

This is just.  Ouch.  If we can get that figured out, we get runners on... a lot.  We haven't even been "Bolt Balling" very well lately.  Missed Sac bunts that have led to strikeouts as well.