Omaha (3-15) vs. Nebraska (13-5) Game Thread

Unfortunately for them, the Mavs are bad, really bad. But they did play the bluebirds tight last week in the midweek, so NU doesn't want to play around tomorrow. 

UNO can pitch a little, but they really can't score. 269th in batting average and 284th in OPS. Been shut out 3 times already and 2 or fewer runs 8 times in 18 games. That's awful, especially against a weak schedule (ranks 293rd). We are 58th in batting average, 103rd in OPS, and 2nd in schedule strength.

I think we'll be able to cruise tomorrow - we have enough guys left on the roster, plus a former Mav, who know what happened a year ago and who don't want a repeat.

If we're going to have a letdown this week, it'll be Wednesday would be my guess. Hopefully not, but that'd be the spot for it.

Weather sounds cold and wet this weekend, so hopefully we can get all 3 games in vs the Aggies.

Built an 8 - 0 lead after 6.  Now, 8 - 5 in the middle of the 8th.  Timmerman is either really good or really bad.

These BTN + announcers are awful.  They say that Perry was brought into a save situation because NU was ahead 8 - 4 but Omaha had a runner in scoring position.   That tells me they have no idea on baseball topics.  Much rather have Greg and Ben synced to BTN +.

Not the smoothest performance we've ever had, but it was plenty good enough. McConnaughey was cruising at such a high level that they must've scrapped their plan to get him out after a few innings. Since it was a pretty easy night for him with very few stressful pitches, he should be OK to maybe start Sunday, if that's the direction they decide to go.

Hope Walsh is ready to pitch tomorrow at the same level as he's been swinging it. 3 bombs in 3 games would be pretty amazing if he had been in the lineup all season - it's beyond amazing after coming in cold off the bench. He's red hot, but I doubt they have him hit and pitch tomorrow. He needs to focus on being on the bump and try to get us through 5 after we had to use a lot of our top bullpen arms tonight.

Edited by throwback