Head Coach: Greg Gard
Location: Madison, WI
Mascot: Bucky Badger
Line: Wisconsin by 15.5
Typical Rotation Depth: 9
KenPom rank: 22
KenPom home court advantage calculation: Home court advantage: 3.3 (140th in D-I)
Offensive Style: Slowly shootin' 3s
Defensive Style: securing offensive rebounds/not fouling
Key Injuries: None
Players to watch: Nate Reuvers
The Junior guard is another in the line of mobile Wisconsin centers who can make 3s. Additionally he's an excellent shot blocker
Players to watch: Micah Potter
The Badgers have been integrating Potter into the offense since he became eligible mid-semester and offensively he's been a boost as he takes the load from Reuvers. Typically the two centers don't play together. Like Reuvers, Potter is a capable outside shooter.
The Hoosiers play 10-11 guys so you'll see lot of different lineups tonight
- Trice is the PG but has really struggled from outside in conference.
- Charge enthusiast Brad Davison also has struggled from outside. He remains a dead eye FT shooter
- Kobe King is interesting has the guard almost solely shoots from outside
- Ford, like most everyone else, hasn't been lighting it up from outside
- Freshman SG Armaan Franklin started several games to start the season but an inability to shoot has limited his playing time.
- Sr shooting guard Brevin Pritzl remains an elite 3pt shooter and stout defender
- 6'7" Freshman Tyler Wahl spells Akeem Ford at the 4 without skipping a beat
- Jr guard Trevor Anderson is guard depth
Reuvers and Potter will be the focus of the defense tonight as they are the most aggressive part of the Badgers' swing offense. It seems unlikely that Nebraska has the answer for this offense and even if they do,they have the will to implement it for 25-30 seconds of shot clock. Wisconsin missing a LOT of threes seems like one of the few chances the Huskers have in this one. Will anything change personnel wise for Nebraska if Potter and Reuvers play at the same time?
On offense the Huskers will find that Wisconsin is going to run them off the 3pt line towards their shot blockers. Decision making on those drives will be critical. Fast break points most likely will be non-existent so the Huskers will need to earn them tonight.
Typically I think the Huskers play harder after a loss but this Wisconsin team seems like a bad matchup.
Prediction: Wisconsin 72 - Nebraska 55