Sam Haiby...

whoopdeedoo

3 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

Ehh,  It's ESPN, what do you expect.  :Lol:

I just got through listening to the B1G Women's Championship game on ESPN2 (Ohio State beat Maryland 79-69).  It was the worst presentation I think I've seen.  Video was good but the audio was terrible!!!!!   You could barely even hear the announcers over the crowd noise, and when you did it sounded like they were talking through mush.   And with all the enthusiasm of a wet noodle.  :Bananalazy:

The only time the announcer showed even a modicum of excitement was when the game was about over and he thought he was about to finish. Didn't get their names (Paul Sonderland and Christy Winters Scott), but Seriously I've heard Student U announcers do better jobs of announcing.  And this for a CHAMPIONSHIP game!!!  :Redface::Redface::Redface:

But getting  back to the subject, I'm with @HUD ,  I am very enthused with our incoming class :Banana:   If Coach Williams wants 'em; I want 'em! :Cheer2:

Edited by Red Don

3 minutes ago, Red Don said:

Ehh,  It's ESPN, what do you expect.  :Lol:

I just got thorough listening to the B1G Women's Championship game on ESPN2 (Ohio State beat Maryland 79-69).  It was the worst presentation I think I've seen.  Video was good but the audio was terrible!!!!!   You could barely even hear the announcers over the crowd noise, and when you did it sounded like they were talking through mush.   And with all the enthusiasm of a wet noodle.  :Bananalazy:

The only time the announcer showed even a modicum of excitement was when the game was about over and he thought he was about to finish. Didn't get their names, but Seriously I've heard Student U announcers do better jobs of announcing.  And this for a CHAMPIONSHIP game!!!  :Redface::Redface::Redface:

But getting  back to the subject, I'm with @HUD ,  I am very enthused with our incoming class :Banana:   If Coach Williams wants 'em; I want 'em! :Cheer2:

The lady that did the color, was at all of the games doing color for BTN. her name is LaChina Robinson ( I may be wrong on the last name) but she provided color the whole BTT.

2 hours ago, mwm89 said:

Didn't we get into someone's top 20 or 25?  Thought I read somewhere here.

A little more info (from Game Notes @ Huskers.com)

HUSKERS SIGN SECOND STRAIGHT TOP 20 CLASS
Nebraska received National Letters of Intent from four standout high school seniors from Iowa,
Minnesota and Indiana on the first day of the early signing period on Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2017.
Nebraska’s recruiting class was ranked No. 20 in the nation by the ESPN rankings at the start of
the early signing period. Coach Amy Williams’ first Nebraska class, which consisted of current Husker
freshmen Taylor Kissinger and Kate Cain, was also ranked No. 20 nationally, giving the second-year
Husker head coach and her staff back-to-back top-20 classes.
The first commitment to the Huskers in this year’s class, Ashtyn Veerbeek made her commitment
to Nebraska in December of 2016. The 6-2 forward out of Western Christian High School in Hull, Iowa, is
ranked as the No. 55 player in the nation by Blue Star, No. 66 by Prospects Nation and No. 68 by ESPN,
which also ranked Veerbeek as the No. 9 forward in the Class of 2018. The Sioux Center native earned
first-team Iowa Class 2A honors as a junior in 2016-17. She led Western Christian to Iowa Class 2A state
title in 2017. Veerbeek averaged 22.8 points and 11.1 rebounds per game while shooting 80.3 percent
from the free throw line as a junior.
Nebraska’s second commit to the class, Kayla Mershon will come to Lincoln as one of the top
players in the state of Minnesota. The 6-3 forward from Chanhassen, Minn., who committed to the
Huskers in February of 2017, was ranked as the No. 132 overall player in the nation by Prospects Nation
and the No. 14 wing nationally by ESPN. As a junior, Mershon averaged 12 points and 10 rebounds in
2016-17. As a sophomore, she help Minnetonka High School to its first-ever state championship in 2016.
A North Tartan club teammate of Mershon’s, guard Sam Haiby committed to the Huskers in mid-
May of 2017. A 5-9 guard, Haiby averaged 22.1 points, 7.6 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 4.1 steals as a junior
for Class 4A Moorhead High School in 2016-17. Haiby, who was ranked as the No. 122 player in the
country by Prospects Nation, the No. 125 player by Blue Star and the No. 28 guard nationally by ESPN,
enters her senior season with 1,856 career points.
Leigha Brown, a 6-1 guard out of DeKalb High School in Indiana, rounds out Nebraska’s class.

HUSKERS.COM @HUSKERSWBB #HUSKERS
Brown, who also committed to the Huskers in May, averaged 22.9 points, 10.8 rebounds and 2.9 assists
last season as a first-team Class 4A choice and an Supreme 15 Underclass All-State selection in 2016-17.
She was ranked as the No. 21 forward nationally by ESPN.
“We are really excited about this entire group of high-achieving young women,” Nebraska Coach
Amy Williams said. “They not only have had strong careers so far, but they are all on track to have great
senior seasons. They have all shown an impressive commitment to our program during the recruiting
process. They are high-character individuals with incredible work ethics and competitive spirits. We are
looking forward to helping them achieve their goals on and off the court

• 2 weeks later...