Nebraska (34-18) vs. Michigan St. (22-27) Series Game Thred

A chance at a “get right” series at the plate.  A lot for both teams to play for.

Huskers still have a legit shot to win the B1G and MSU a legit shot to make it to Omaha.

very much a chance that these two teams could meet in the 1st round in Omaha as well.

11 hours ago, throwback said:

Great win - but my goodness do we have to get the bats going. I'm not sure how many more 2-1 games i can survive.

Too bad PU couldn't help us - maybe tomorrow.

The turnaround with Clark is nothing short of incredible.

Sweep and hope that the Boiler turds can take 1.

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to Nebraska (34-18) vs. Michigan St. (22-27) Series Game Thred

I don't think we'll do this but I'm starting Walsh today since we don't control our own destiny. I'm saving Brockett to start Tuesday

The way MSU's pitching staff has been going lately, we probably can get 10+ runs again today, so might as well start Walsh and take our chances. Walsh mowed down MSU last year, so he may have their number. If we start Brockett on Tuesday, Sears & Mac stay close to their normal rest next week, and Brockett should be able to come back in the championship on Sunday.

Besides, I don't think PU will try at all today. They'll definitely not use any of their best arms vs Illinois - other than it being senior day, this game means nothing to PU, so they'll try to set themselves up to make a run next week. Plus, they're PU baseball, so anything they can do to screw over NU, they'll do it.

I don't think we'll do this either, but if we start Brockett today, I'm starting Walsh Tuesday for the same reasons. I also like Walsh in that big ballpark.

Don't think we'll do either one, though. 😂 That's probably why I'm not coaching.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Unknown what MSU does today.  Nothing to play for, so it could be a pack it in game or they could rally as this ends their season.

We found out that answer.

Their 5.50 ERA pitcher has given up 1 hit (an infield single) in 5 innings.