Be Better BTN

hhcscott

I tuned in to a Minnesota Duluth vs University of Sioux Falls basketball game at the 5:30 start time, and was shocked to see NOT 37 additional minutes of the prior game (looking at you Maryland vs Penn State.)

Somehow the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference ($1.9 million annual revenue) is able to broadcast all NSIC sports on their free website/Roku app on time, yet the B1G with $850 million in revenue from our subscriptions to cable/dish, BTN+, and now Peacock,  gives me only 28/40 minutes of a Nebraska game. (To be fair, that's more minutes than the Huskers gave against MN but still...) Fix the scheduling B1G!

22 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I know the complaint is sound, but you can also log into the Fox Sports app to view games not airing due to overtimes from the prior games.

That said, scheduling is a problem. Trying to maximize time slots, but I can't list the number of time (Nebraska or otherwise) where games ran over on BTN.

I had to watch the game on a moderate delay, and when I found the BTN recording on the DVR was MD vs PSU for most of the first half I opened the Fox App and went to the beginning of the Nebraska game but it was also the MD and PSU game, so I  rewatched the end of regulation for that game again, but then the app version continued to the OT, it never had the first 13 minutes. It may have been different live, on the app, but the "start from the beginning" app feature was not Nebraska. I have not gone back to check if they added it back post completion, but it is unacceptable that they can't figure out a way to schedule without a third of the game being overlapped. 

What I’ve never understood since Nebraska joined the Big 10 is what exactly is the point/purpose of the two BTN alternate channels? I’ve only ever seen them utilized when BTN has two different 11:00 am football games. But wouldn’t a basketball game running long be the perfect opportunity to start the next game on BTN alternate? Otherwise there are 3 BTN channels showing the exact same basketball game!