B1G Tournament Thread

4 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I’m not afraid to say it— PSU could win the whole damn thing.  They are hot right now and are on one of those “we can’t lose” highs that seem to propel teams in baseball.

They certainly had that look and feel last night.  Just don't know how deep their pitching is.

50 minutes ago, HB said:

They certainly had that look and feel last night.  Just don't know how deep their pitching is.

If we could get the first one tomorrow and force a game 2 tomorrow AND someone has to play 2 against PSU, I’d like our chances on Sunday.

Unreal run through the losers' bracket - I figured we'd be good for the first 2 elimination games with Sears & Mac, but our pitchers were unbelievably good past them, and that's what it takes to make that kind of run. I didn't think we had it in us, but they found a way. Tons of fun. Coach Childress deserves a ton of credit - his sequences were carving up some really good hitters, and the guys executed it.

We found some clutch hitting too - so happy for Swanny - amazing what a little confidence can do for you. Overbeek & Columbus & Stokes were really good too.

And Caron told the rest of the B1G to shove their leaving him off the 1st 2nd and 3rd team all B1G with emphasis. Plus he caught all 52 defensive innings we had. I'm not sure how he was able to walk by Sunday, let alone bang another huge HR. Perhaps the most incredible individual performance for a Husker position player in the postseason I've ever seen.

That 5-game stretch was as good as we've played all year ... and that's saying something as good as we were in Febr through about mid-April. Not only did we run off 5 straight elimination wins, but we technically had nothing to play for and all 5 of those games were against teams that had to win the B1G Tourney to get an NCAA bid, so they were playing with desperation. Truly amazing toughness and determination by our guys.

The last 6-ish weeks have been uneven and a little rough, but sometimes you have to go through some rough patches to make you resilient in the postseason. 

Hope we can keep it going this weekend - no one wants to see us in their regional, I can guarantee that.

Edited by throwback