Hank Bounds

hhcmatt

35 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Why would the Bounds thing have any impact whatsoever on "things"?  Why would it change the landscape?

The guy to whom Moos reports -- the man who sits in the Harvey Perlman chair -- is Ronnie Green, the Chancellor, not Hank Bounds, the system President.

The only thing Bounds' announcement affects, potentially, is the timing of making another major announcement.

Seems kind of tone-deaf of Bounds, frankly, to make his announcement when he did 1) knowing he's not leaving until summer; and 2) knowing, as he must have, that an announcement regarding the job status of the head basketball coach was being eagerly anticipated.

But as far as this "could have thrown a major wrench into things" it sounds more to me like you're covering yourself just in case your 1000% correct prognostication turns out to be wrong. Which tells me you weren't as confident in your information as you originally lead everyone to believe.

To be far, that’s essentially what Lars Anderson said, too. 

12 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

I believe the math = infinity, because:

1. limited number of shareholders is a rationale number, regardless of what that limited number is

2. Unlimited number of students is infinite

3. Infinity divided by any rationale number is still infinity

My math might be a bit fuzzy though, since it's been a long time since I've taken calculus at Dear Ol' NU.  Oh, and my majors were Econ and Finance, and from I read on the board these days you only know what you're talking about if you majored in P.E.  So apparently I'm an idiot and everyone should double check my math.  Especially the guy that majored in teaching gym class, because he totally knows what he's talking about.

Exercise Science is not Physical Education. And lets not try to insult Exercise Science by calling it "teaching gym" bc it just ends up being an insult to both professions.

Sincerely,

A PE teacher who loves his job and takes it very seriously

Edited by khoock