Head Coach: Greg Gard
Location: Madison, WI
Mascot: Bucky Badger
Point Spread: Wisconsin by 3.5
Typical Rotation Depth: 8
KenPom rank: 64
A couple of Famous Alumni: Michael Finley, Frank Kaminsky
- In there last matchup Nebraska upset the #10 Badgers at Madison in the last regular season game of 2022 by a score of 74-73
- Brad Davison finally ran out of eligibility. He had played in 10 game vs the Huskers.
- The only team shooting worse from the FT line in conference than Nebraska is Wisconsin
KenPom Analysis: Wisconsin is doing everything slowly. Offensively they are swinging the ball around to hunt for 3pt shots. Have to admit that I haven't watched any Wisconsin basketball this year so I assume they're giving token pressure up the court to burn shot clock.
Player to watch: PG Chucky Hepburn
Hepburn is already your prototypical Wisconsin PG who controls the offense and takes (and makes) 3pt shots when they run out of shot clock. Chuck is shooting 48% from 3 for the year and 46.8% from 3 in conference.
Player to watch: F Tyler Wahl
Wahl has struggled to carry part of the scoring load in his senior year to the point that he's shooting 43.6% from the FT line in conference play. Some of the struggles in conference were due to an ankle injury at the beginning of the year. He had a 16 point, 8 assist, 6 rebound game is last time out vs Penn St.
23 Chucky Hepburn
6-2 205 So
11 Max Klesmit
6-3 200 Jr
3 Connor Essegian
6-4 185 Fr
5 Tyler Wahl
6-9 225 Sr
22 Steven Crowl
7-0 245 Jr
Others to watch
- Crowl is a reliable bucket inside and is capable of taking 3s.
- Freshman sharp shooter Connor Essegian is shooting 44.2% from 3
- Max Klesmit is a glue guy
- Jordan Davis (Johnny's twin brother) struggles to shoot from outside and comes of the bench after starting most of the season
- 6'7" F Carter Gilmore brings rebounding off the bench
- 6' PG Kamari McGee plays for the few minutes Chucky might come off the court
UNL Game Notes
Probable starters for Nebraska
5 Sam Griesel G 6-7
30 Keisei Tominaga G 6-2
10 Jamarques Lawrence - G 6-3
32 Wilhelm Breidenbach F 6-10
13 Derrick Walker F 6-9
0 C.J. Wilcher G 6-5
12 Denim Dawson - F 6-6
15 Blaise Keita C 6-11
12 Sam Hoiberg G 6-0
33 Oleg Kojenets F 7-0
35 Henry Burt F 6-6
24 Jeffrey Grace III G 6-3
3 Quaran McPherson G 6-3 - Out for the Year
4 Juwan Gary F 6-6 - Out for the Year
25 Emmanuel Bandoumel G 6-4 - Out for the Year
2 Ramel Lloyd Jr. G 6-6
31 Cale Jacobsen G 6-4
Wisconsin is a lot like Penn St where they will try and beat you from 3 but unlike Penn St they have better interior defenders. In what projects to be a low possession game due to neither team being in a hurry to push the ball it's probably beneficial if Nebraska can speed the game up a bit.
Assuming that Wisconsin doesn't run away with the game by torching Nebraska from 3, this should be a close one. I like Nebraska's odds for what should be a large crowd in Lincoln.
Prediction: Nebraska 66 - Wisconsin 63
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.