uneblinstu's post game chatter: vol 5, ed 1

uneblinstu

Yeah, certainly. I'm not saying Kye is a world beater by any stretch but he's clearly a lot stronger than Sergej is right now. Sergej still appears to be growing into his frame. He has some skills to the extent he went 4-4 from the stripe. But he's nowhere near as skilled or as athletic, frankly, as Diaz was at the same stage of his career.

Vucetic's problem is that he's almost frail. And he's a bit clumsy. Kye is clearly much stronger, more mobile and agile. Surgej, when he got the ball down low a couple of times, struggled getting the ball out of his hands. Kye was only in briefly but there was one moment where he picked up the ball in the short corner, wheeled and scored on a short jumper from about 10-15 feet. (That's what it looked like from where I sat.) Kye had the awareness to know he was immediately open and he stroked it without even thinking about it. Sergej made a couple shots, too, but the ones he missed reflect a kid who's going to struggle getting the ball out of his hands when he posts up. I think Kye is clearly stonger and more athletic. Kye looks to me -- in that short time that he was in -- like one of the better walk-on bigs we've had since I can't remember when.

Thanks Norm. I can see your points but I didn't think Sergei looked that bad. Only time will tell but good analysis on your part.