Purdue pregame talk

Bugeaters1

I can't help but think we have a decent chance. Home game senior night with shields back. I don't expect a 20 point loss like last game.

Don't ask me what we are going to do down low.

I can't help but think we have a decent chance. Home game senior night with shields back. I don't expect a 20 point loss like last game.has

Nebraska has not had a single 20-point conference loss this season. First time in a generation, in fact.

I can't help but think we have a decent chance. Home game senior night with shields back. I don't expect a 20 point loss like last game.

I can't help but think we have a decent chance. Home game senior night with shields back. I don't expect a 20 point loss like last game.has

Nebraska has not had a single 20-point conference loss this season. First time in a generation, in fact.

Did you really just jinx us?

Did you really just jinx us?

No. no such thing. Cub fans would agree. ;)

The purdue loss may not have been a 20 point loss on the scoreboard but it was a veritable blow out.

The purdue loss may not have been a 20 point loss on the scoreboard but it was a veritable blow out.

Point is it wasn't 20. And there hasn't been an L by 20. Bottom line.

Fine I can change my statement:

"I don't expect a blowout like last time."

I think we have to play zone, and just hope they don't hit 3's like last time.  They are shooting 34.6% from 3 in conference road games. 

We really didn't get blown out last time.  We were within 6 with 7 minutes to go in the game.  Just no answer for Hammons down low.

On offense, we need the good White and Shields.  Wouldn't hurt for Watson to hit some of his mid range jumpers.

The key will be getting stops and allow us to get out in transition. 

Fine I can change my statement:

"I don't expect a blowout like last time."

And I don't expect Raphael Davis to drain three's like Steph Curry again, either. Maybe the Huskers (for once) will be able to hit some triples that propel NU to victory. Senior Night be a huge game for Shavon & Benny to send them out the right way!! GBR

I really think it's going to come down to how the refs decide how they want to call this game. If Shields can drive and attack and get to the line, I think we win. If not, then we probably lose by 15. Unfortunately I just don't see the calls going in our favor.

Yep, how Shavon goes, so goes NU. It will be interesting to see how it plays out on Tuesday at PBA. Nebraska needs to take the game to Purdue, not let PU impose their will. Gotta get a dub. GBR

Other than Pitt early and Rutgers, Purdue has either lost or played within double digits on their road games.

Record breakdown

Home - 16-1

Neutral 2-1

Away - 4-5

I was going to pick the opposite of what Purdue did on Saturday for this game. Since they won, i'm picking them to lose this game.

Johnny Hill, who plays 15-20 minutes, is their guy who can't really shoot and wants to pump-fake you into a drive where you foul him. Every time you see him pump fake someone into coming out to defend it's that guy not paying attention during the scout. Same deal for Swanigan. You could almost zone up Swanigan's defender in the post to double team aka the Benny Parker defense if it means he's taking bad jumpers.

Purdue does have 3 guys hitting over 40% in conference from 3 (Mathias, Thompson, Edwards)...THOSE are the guys you should rush out on

I've had a feeling about the Purdue game ever since we lost at their place.  Hammons was a beast in that game and dominated our big guys.  That will result in two things tomorrow night.  First, our guys will play harder and smarter (not shrinking from the fight) than last time because they have something to prove.  Second, it will cause Hammons to be overconfident and not locked in.  In past years he's been really up and down depending on how locked in he is.  I think he comes into this game thinking it's going to be a cakewalk in the paint again and our guys do a much better job of locking him down.

I'm calling my shot, Huskers win by 8 tomorrow night and a big part of the win will be great defense played by our big guys, specifically Jacobson.