Michigan State pregame talk

Bugeaters1

Dammit.  Sconnie pulls off the last minute upset of MSU, so now we're going into East Lansing to play a pissed off Spartan squad.  I'm sure they'll be looking to make a statement against us.  Especially considering they've lost two in a row to us.

Wow.  I don't know what to think about this upcoming game now.  Who among us thought we would be deadlocked in the B10 standings with MSU at 3-3 a couple of weeks ago?

Dammit. Sconnie pulls off the last minute upset of MSU, so now we're going into East Lansing to play a pissed off Spartan squad. I'm sure they'll be looking to make a statement against us. Especially considering they've lost two in a row to us.

Wow. I don't know what to think about this upcoming game now. Who among us thought we would be deadlocked in the B10 standings with MSU at 3-3 a couple of weeks ago?
You mean like when they were number 1 in the country. Wow what has happened?

Still going to need to bring our A game to win this.

Dammit. Sconnie pulls off the last minute upset of MSU, so now we're going into East Lansing to play a pissed off Spartan squad. I'm sure they'll be looking to make a statement against us. Especially considering they've lost two in a row to us.

Wow. I don't know what to think about this upcoming game now. Who among us thought we would be deadlocked in the B10 standings with MSU at 3-3 a couple of weeks ago?
You mean like when they were number 1 in the country. Wow what has happened?

Still going to need to bring our A game to win this.

General consensus here in metro Detroit is that MSU may have been playing above their true level early on and are kinda coming back down to earth a bit. People also were surprised just how well Valentine has played and aren't sure if he can keep it up or not. MSU fans kinda know not to get too worked up in the regular season because they know the team always plays better in March

I have a feeling we are going to need to hit a bunch of outside shots if we want to stay in this game.  We are not going to be allowed to penetrate and score at the rim.  I say we still try it, but I have a feeling MSU is going to pack the lane, and say if you are going to beat us, you are going to have to shoot the ball from deep.

The keys for us are defensively shutting them down, keep them off the offensive glass, and if we get to the rim we have to convert.

I have a feeling we are going to need to hit a bunch of outside shots if we want to stay in this game. We are not going to be allowed to penetrate and score at the rim. I say we still try it, but I have a feeling MSU is going to pack the lane, and say if you are going to beat us, you are going to have to shoot the ball from deep.

The keys for us are defensively shutting them down, keep them off the offensive glass, and if we get to the rim we have to convert.

There's a chance we have success getting to the rim on MSU. Wisky did today and shot 36 free throws and they really aren't too much different than we are

I have a feeling we are going to need to hit a bunch of outside shots if we want to stay in this game. We are not going to be allowed to penetrate and score at the rim. I say we still try it, but I have a feeling MSU is going to pack the lane, and say if you are going to beat us, you are going to have to shoot the ball from deep.

There's a chance we have success getting to the rim on MSU. Wisky did today and shot 36 free throws and they really aren't too much different than we are

I didn't get a chance to watch their game.  If we can get to the rim, that would be very helpful.

I didn't get a chance to watch their game. If we can get to the rim, that would be very helpful.

Ted Valentine was one the refs. That probably explains it a bit

I didn't get a chance to watch their game. If we can get to the rim, that would be very helpful.

Ted Valentine was one the refs. That probably explains it a bit

On the negative side, the refs won't let us shoot 36 free throws in East Lansing.

Wisconsin rolls out 3 guys that are 6'8"+ and 6'9" so physically it's a lot different

Wisconsin rolls out 3 guys that are 6'8"+ and 6'9" so physically it's a lot different
Jacobsen- 6'8"

Mcveigh- 6'8"

Morrow- 6'7"

White-6'7"

Shields-6'7"

We have some size too. Maybe wiskys size has bulk too. I like our size though. It's very athletic and allows us to rebound at at least 4 if not all 5 spots.

It's really too bad Hammond can't touch the court for us. He could really help us big time. Perhaps we might see him against Purdue. My expert amateur opinion is that we use a large amount of zone vs them

Jacobsen- 6'8"

Mcveigh- 6'8"

Morrow- 6'7"

White-6'7"

Shields-6'7"

We have some size too. Maybe wiskys size has bulk too. I like our size though. It's very athletic and allows us to rebound at at least 4 if not all 5 spots.

It's really too bad Hammond can't touch the court for us. He could really help us big time. Perhaps we might see him against Purdue. My expert amateur opinion is that we use a large amount of zone vs them

Sorry...i forgot to put the part in there were each of those guys are 230 lbs+. The height thing isn't as drastic

Jacobsen- 6'8"

Mcveigh- 6'8"

Morrow- 6'7"

White-6'7"

Shields-6'7"

Sorry...i forgot to put the part in there were each of those guys are 230 lbs+. The height thing isn't as drastic

I don't think Wisconsin's size was the real factor against MSU. Infact MSU was arguably the more agressive team in that game.

The thing about Sparty is that they seem to be really struggling adjusting to the way games are called this year and they make lots of dumb fouls away from the rim. Most notably, they handcheck - alot. And when they run onto an officiating crew that calls them out on that stuff they struggle a bit.

That said, I don't expect to get too many of those calls.

The thing about Sparty is that they seem to be really struggling adjusting to the way games are called this year and they make lots of dumb fouls away from the rim. Most notably, they handcheck - alot. And when they run onto an officiating crew that calls them out on that stuff they struggle a bit.

That said, I don't expect to get too many of those calls.

They're the only team in conference that fouls more than us. I hope you guys like FT contests!

Jacobsen- 6'8"

Mcveigh- 6'8"

Morrow- 6'7"

White-6'7"

Shields-6'7"

We can just turn sideways and they won't see us.

I on the other hand can hardly hide behind a red wood.

I like to go to other teams' message boards before games just to see what the other side is saying and unless I'm missing something, there is not a peep about this game on any of the MSU boards I'm familiar with. I mean, I know we're not Michigan but having beaten them two years in a row you'd think there'd be a little chatter.