It was 3 points that we desperately needed. It probably wasn’t a “must win” but we would have been in a very bad position had we lost. It seems like we finally found some Mojo that 2nd half. We were more aggressive.
1. Has Sergent lost his starting spot? At least for now? I just don’t know. He has some really heavy touches for a striker.
2. Weston has got to get it together. He is vital part of this team. He’s got to figure it out.
3. Is Pulisic ok? Did hear after the game, but he looked really uncomfortable and one of his worst qualities as a player is his durability.
4. The young guns are pushing for starting spots. Pepi, Robinson, Robinson, Brenden.
5. John Brooks looked terrible this window. Slow, missing tackles, etc.
6. Next window has to end with at least 6 points. That’s the bare minimum. Jamaica and Costa Rica at home have to be wins against the bottom of the group. Steal a point at Panama and we are sitting pretty.
Can't believe we haven't discussed the WCQ roster that was announced last week! Apparently teams get 26 players rather than the usual 23 thanks to COVID.
17 of the 23 players I thought would be on the roster made it. Three of the six I got wrong are injured (Musah, Zardes, and Arriola), and three were just incorrect predictions (Miazga, Cannon, and Dike).