- It may not have mattered considering how they forgot how to defend and rebound in the second half. I couldn't make heads or tails whether or not I was watching UMass or UAB there for a while. This is a huge issue if this team wants to make a step forward this year. Were out rebounded 41-28. I wonder what the numbers were at half, because they did ok in the first half. They just had no answer in the second.
- I'd like to see Biggs play more and frankly, I thought we were more poised when Parker was on the floor. The starting five never was really able to get things going today.
- I'd like to see Webster try and push the issue a bit more, too.
- UAB shot 19-23 in the second half, I mean, c'mon.
- I didn't watch this closely, but are teams trying to take Shields out of games because he's really struggled out of the gate these past two games. I know foul trouble has been a factor, but we need him to be productive.
- Smith didn't have a great game today either.
- Miles compared it to a a car spinning its wheels in the post game. They're trying and want to do well, but they're trying too hard right now and it's making things worse. This team has the talent to succeed and win both of these games, but their inexperience and eagerness is getting in the way right now. I still think this team will be better by the end of the season, but there's still a lot of work to do right now.
- Gotta recognize Gallegos for playing through the bum knee.
I don't really have much more to add, just disappointed in the second half effort today. Hopefully they can get back up for Sunday and salvage one there.