- One of the things they took away was Ray. He was never able to get loose and NU couldn't find those points anywhere else.
- There were some interesting matchups tonight on McDermott. I think we saw about everyone get their shot at him and did ok on him for a while, but much like last year, after the technical and the brawl, the flood gates burst and he basically dominated the end of the game.
- Talley tried to too much the last ten minutes of the game. Creighton knew it and completely shut him down.
- I though Andre played pretty for most of the game. Thought he neutralized Echenique pretty well but I was curious why he didn't play much down the stretch when I think we could have used him. Echenique dominated the time when AA sat. I would have liked to see what would have happened if he had come in after the scrum and after Echenique came out of the game after he went careening into the NU bench.
- I thought the offense looked very tentative, especially in the first half. The movement we've seen in the past couple of games wasn't there, they weren't attacking like they usually do and when they did take shots, they couldn't get them to go down. It won't be the last time it happens this year, but we'll also see other days like the past two games.
- That was as good of a basketball atmosphere as we've seen in a long time. That is what this fanbase can be. That what games can be.
- The score may not have indicated it, but this game was played like a rivalry. We almost had a brawl, there was genuine dislike between these teams and the fanbases. If Miles can get this program up and running like we think he can and will, these games are only going to get better. I have a feeling that Mike Peltz will live in Creighton infamy.
- Shields looked a little overmatched on McDermott at times but he had a couple of big boy plays. His improvement over the course of the season could be the difference whether or not NU makes a post season tournament or not.
That's all I've got fun atmosphere, disappointing outcome.