- Offensively, I'm not sure they still know what they're doing, but they certainly move around a lot more, which is good. We'll see if they can turn it into something effective. Still haven't quite learned how to play vs. a zone.
- I really like the maturation we're seeing from Rivers. Will be a vital factor for this team if they want to exceed any expectations.
- Parker's gonna be a pretty solid player.
- Got a string of a empty possessions in the 2nd half that let Valpo back into the game.
- Gotta like the intensity this team plays with. I was afraid they would let Valpo back in the game after they cut the lead to 7, but they never did.
- How much of Valpo's shooting woes were an off shooting night and how much was Nebraska's defense? I don't know. But Valpo had very few uncontested looks. I think that let them get beat of the dribble a few times more than I expected, respecting the three.
- For as much as Valpo is known for their shooting, I thought they'd shoot free throws better.
- NU with another dry spell. No bueno. Can't keep doing that.
For all the talk about how good Valpo was, gotta give Nebraska their due for having a good plan to shut them down and protecting the home court. Good win for Nebraska, lots of work still to do.