- Loved how they came out of the gates and went toe-to-toe with CU.
- I like a lot about McGowens game. Maybe not his free throw shooting, but I love his toughness and attitude. He's not gonna back down.
- Loved the baseline drive by Stevenson, not the forced 3's on his next two shots. He's a fierce rebound, too, which is sorely needed.
- Mayan was a liability tonight.
- Yvan can rebound a bit, but he's a liability offensively. I think he'll be a good story in a couple years. It's rough right now.
- Can't turn the ball over like they have the past two games. That's gotta get fixed.
- NU actually shot pretty well from 3 tonight, but the turnovers and inability to stop CU's run just didn't give themselves a chance tonight.
- McGowens had that pretty dunk to bring the margin to 4, I believe. That woke CU up. That's not how it's supposed to work.
- We saw Banton's potential in the first half. He needs to be at least a marginal threat from 3. He's going to get a lot of defenders that are considerably shorter than him. If he can, he's gonna have a lot of opportunities to get to the rim off the dribble.
- Thor seems like he found his shot again. That's really good news.
- Free throw shooting continues to be an issue.
- Looking at the box score, there's a lot of things look even. The big thing that jumps out at me is, when the teams emptied their benches, NU's A/T was 12/23 and CU was 23/13.
- NU's got talent to compete, but they're going to have to learn how to stay focused and disciplined for more than 20 minutes. A lot of that comes with experience and experience playing together. Maybe we see some of that develop more as the season progresses, maybe we see it next year. They'll win games more consistently when they get that figured out.
By uneblinstu •uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 13; ed 6 - @ Creighton