Jump to content
  • uneblinstu
    uneblinstu

    uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 16 - @ Northwestern

    Played poorly, made it interesting at the end. So, basically, it was a standard, classic, #Nebrasketball game...



    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    Coaches, players, etc should be furious.  That team might only win one more game... against us... that was ridiculous.


    I don’t care how close we got, a loss is a loss and we were down what 15 or 18 at one point?

     

    Boy when we’re cold, our D goes out the window.

     

    Bad day for Thor and Cheatham.

     

    Rest of team was ok.  Lot of bad... some good.

     

    I can’t stand how inconsistent this team is.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Valiant comeback. (Compare with the home loss to Rutgers, for instance.) Dug too deep of a hole.

     

    This is one we can definitely learn from and grow from. It's tough to win on the road in the Big Ten conference. Just ask Purdue. And Iowa.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, Huskerpapa said:

    I'm sad.  We just can't continue to play to the level of the competition.   Goodness, we made that team look like a to 25 team in the first half.


    Agree with this.  The fact that we had to make such a huge comeback is sickening.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I'm just enjoying this ride. Still 2-3 in conference with a lot of games left. It's hard to win on the road in the big ten. Only 5 teams have done that so far. Kinda expected it 

     

    One thing stood out to me though. Cam was in a serious funk in the 1st half, and the offense struggled because of it. When he's not playing well, the offense struggles. 

     

    Gonna be a roller coaster guys. Buckle in. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Aside from a few posters, the board is holding up well! Im glad to see it. This is what this season is going to be!!! Get used to it and enjoy the bright spots (like shitting on Io_a)

    Edited by khoock

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

    I thought I've seen it all. But now we're in a league where Penn State and Rutgers are good at basketball and we're here losing to Northwestern.

     

    We're talking about a NW team that is about as good if not better than us this season playing at home. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    20 minutes ago, khoock said:

    Aside from a few posters, the board is holding up well! Im glad to see it. This is what this season is going to be!!! Get used to it and enjoy the bright spots (like shitting an Io_a)

     

     

    Agreed.   I can't tell if I expect us to be better next year or it's just blind hope. 

     

    But I pray this is the last year of the nebrasketball moto: there's always next year.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Lost this game on defense.  We gave up 42 points in the first half to a depleted Northwestern squad that hasn’t been able to score all year.  

     

    I can handle us being bad.  I can handle us being erratic and inconsistent.  We have all new guys who haven’t played together, or in a Power 5 conference.  That’s  to be expected.  It would be strange NOT to be inconsistent under the circumstances.
     

    But I can’t handle piss poor effort.  Which is what we got today.   Watch the film, especially the first half, and see the lackadaisical close outs on the 3s.   Token 

    waving of the arms like damn ballerinas.   Matador flat-footed defense on some  drives.  Passivity all over the place.   Just a pathetic, disgraceful effort on defense the first half.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I thought Northwestern was about as talented as we were.  I didn’t think the first and second halves were much different other than NW shot at their normal rate in the second half when we beat them by 10.  They couldn’t miss in the first. Our defense wasn’t great, but it was a similar game plan to Iowa. If Iowa would’ve shot 50% from 3, we’re down by 15 at least at half to them as well.  
     

    It seems we’re going to take our lumps with our opponents shooting threes this year, and fair enough.  

     

    I also think it’s a little ridiculous Jervay can’t spell Cam for a couple minutes a game.  They’re running him into the ground.  
     

    There is no such thing as an average shooting night for Burke is there?  He is strictly brilliant or abysmal.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    38 minutes ago, LK1 said:

    I thought Northwestern was about as talented as we were.  I didn’t think the first and second halves were much different other than NW shot at their normal rate in the second half when we beat them by 10.  They couldn’t miss in the first. Our defense wasn’t great, but it was a similar game plan to Iowa. If Iowa would’ve shot 50% from 3, we’re down by 15 at least at half to them as well.  
     

    It seems we’re going to take our lumps with our opponents shooting threes this year, and fair enough.  

     

    I also think it’s a little ridiculous Jervay can’t spell Cam for a couple minutes a game.  They’re running him into the ground.  
     

    There is no such thing as an average shooting night for Burke is there?  He is strictly brilliant or abysmal.  


    Why would we have the same defensive game plan against NW as Iowa?   NW didn’t have Garza.   Iowa was a game plan.  Today was a lack of effort.  Contest the damn 3s.   We went half-heartedly  through the screens and waived our arms a little.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    9 minutes ago, HB said:


    Why would we have the same defensive game plan against NW as Iowa?   NW didn’t have Garza.   Iowa was a game plan.  Today was a lack of effort.  Contest the damn 3s.   We went half-heartedly  through the screens and waived our arms a little.  


    They rolled out a pretty huge lineup.  I guess I didn’t see that bad of an effort as much as I saw pretty well designed plays and guys who were tall enough to get their shot.  If we were playing percentages, those were the shots we wanted them to take.  I would’ve like to see our bigs hedge out of those screens a bit more, but the second half looked basically the same to me, and they shot like they normally do in the 2nd.  Not doubting what you observed though.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Loved the effort to make it close.  Had they played with half that much fire in the first half this is a win buy a nice margin.  Fred and crew need to find the right button to get these guys to not come out lifeless in the first half on road games.

     

    Not defending the 3 pt line early on killed us.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 hours ago, HB said:

    Lost this game on defense.  We gave up 42 points in the first half to a depleted Northwestern squad that hasn’t been able to score all year.  

     

    I can handle us being bad.  I can handle us being erratic and inconsistent.  We have all new guys who haven’t played together, or in a Power 5 conference.  That’s  to be expected.  It would be strange NOT to be inconsistent under the circumstances.
     

    But I can’t handle piss poor effort.  Which is what we got today.   Watch the film, especially the first half, and see the lackadaisical close outs on the 3s.   Token 

    waving of the arms like damn ballerinas.   Matador flat-footed defense on some  drives.  Passivity all over the place.   Just a pathetic, disgraceful effort on defense the first half.  

     

     

    Ughh. That's my response to that 1st half by our NU.

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, colhusker said:

    Loved the effort to make it close.  Had they played with half that much fire in the first half this is a win buy a nice margin.  Fred and crew need to find the right button to get these guys to not come out lifeless in the first half on road games.

     

    Not defending the 3 pt line early on killed us.

     

     

    Yep. The comeback was nice, but that 16-1 run in the 1st half by the other NU was simply unacceptable by our NU.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Closeouts on 3s kill us. I know it's probably all our guys at some point, but there was one by Charlie that was replayed, and he didn't even get his hands above his waist. That kind of thing you teach elementary and junior high kids. We need to bring more consistent effort on D.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I don't understand the complete abandonment of Green. I admit I know very little compared to Coach but it still seems odd. If this lack of playing time continues I don't expect to see him on the roster next season. Perhaps that is what the staff is doing in order to get a better player? I'm always interested in roster upgrades.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    13 hours ago, HB said:


    Why would we have the same defensive game plan against NW as Iowa?   NW didn’t have Garza.   Iowa was a game plan.  Today was a lack of effort.  Contest the damn 3s.   We went half-heartedly  through the screens and waived our arms a little.  

     

    Listening to coaches I do not think we had the same game plan. We just did not have the intensity and urgency we needed. Iowa we were going to let certain guys take shots to keep Garza in check, these guys did not have anyone near that formidable inside. I was comfortable letting Yvan guard any of their bigs 1:1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

  • Member Statistics

    1,226
    Total Members
    1,610
    Most Online
    OhioHusker
    Newest Member
    OhioHusker
    Joined
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...