Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 33 - B1G Tournament vs. Maryland


    uneblinstu
    • HUSKER DEUX!

      Nebraska 69 - Maryland 61

      Huskers play their most complete game in months as the Terrapins turtle 

      Capture.JPG

       

    Yeah, baby! That was fun! 

     

    Let's keep it going!

     

    - Glynn and JPJ have been ridiculous. We'll have to keep riding them if we want to keep advancing.

    - Gonna need more from Roby, too. Although, he actually played pretty well vs. Smith and Fernando.

    - Who says you can't win with kids from Nebraska? Tanner and Trueblood playing huge minutes.

    - I think Thor and Johnny should have been playing more. Probably at least over Nana, maybe Harris, too. But considering how little depth we've had all year, they probably should have been on the floor more. Might have saved some of our legs in the middle of the season.

    - The Legend of Johnny Trueblood is gonna grow exponentially over the years.

    - NU hit shots tonight like other teams usually do in big spots. It's nice to have that on our side for a change.

    - I have to think NU is a lock for the NIT now. Maybe even hosting a game... This season is all sorts of weird.

    - We can ask all sorts of "what if" questions about this season and they may even be fair. But I say let's just enjoy this. We'll have plenty of time for those later. Who knows, maybe we'll be in for some sort of magic carpet ride the next few days.

     

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    Great story on Trueblood.

     

    Really happy for Glynn.   He's been a great contributor here for 4 years and due to some of the teams he was on, his legacy had the potential of kind of disappearing.   Really happy for a last minute run of success for him where he is playing well and the team is winning.

     

    Also nice to see the Big 3 putting it all together at the same time.   Its always seemed like we could get 1 or 2 of the 3 to get going in games, but we've had all 3 going (probably based on need)  the last 3-4 games.   

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    24 minutes ago, nustudent said:

    Great story on Trueblood.

     

    Really happy for Glynn.   He's been a great contributor here for 4 years and due to some of the teams he was on, his legacy had the potential of kind of disappearing.   Really happy for a last minute run of success for him where he is playing well and the team is winning.

     

    Also nice to see the Big 3 putting it all together at the same time.   Its always seemed like we could get 1 or 2 of the 3 to get going in games, but we've had all 3 going (probably based on need)  the last 3-4 games.   

    I just wish Glynn and Palmer didn't go ice cold right after Copeland went down.  That would have really helped.  Now, those along with Roby, are carrying us.

     

    The trouble Wisconsin poses is they take care of the basketball.  Maryland and Rutgers did not for the most part.  We exploited that in our victories.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, brfrad said:

    I just wish Glynn and Palmer didn't go ice cold right after Copeland went down.  That would have really helped.  Now, those along with Roby, are carrying us.

     

    The trouble Wisconsin poses is they take care of the basketball.  Maryland and Rutgers did not for the most part.  We exploited that in our victories.

     

    They can also beat you down low with Happ or from the perimeter.   Maryland isn't good from the outside

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    41 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

    That T on Coach Turgeon was huge.

     

    That was monumentally stupid from Turgeon, except that I think I understand what he was trying to do. Maryland looked like the young team they are today. And Turgeon hasn't seen them stumble like that very often this season. It was clear they had this win phoned in, and I think he was doing anything he think of to fire them up. But that was definitely not the place, considering his team was in the middle of responding. But he was pretty manic most of the 2d half. Just got away from him. And I, for one, am grateful he lost his cool. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, tcp said:

     

    That was monumentally stupid from Turgeon, except that I think I understand what he was trying to do. Maryland looked like the young team they are today. And Turgeon hasn't seen them stumble like that very often this season. It was clear they had this win phoned in, and I think he was doing anything he think of to fire them up. But that was definitely not the place, considering his team was in the middle of responding. But he was pretty manic most of the 2d half. Just got away from him. And I, for one, am grateful he lost his cool. 

     

    He should've had a 2nd tech & thrown from the game, tbh.

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I'm so proud of this team.  Very easily could have mailed it in after the Harris injury.  Absolutely love the energy from Thor and Trueblood.  Glenn and James have been out of this world.  Roby has his moments.  Tanner continues to do well defensively.  Love how Miles actually used his timeouts and doubled down on Maryland's bigs.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    There's this whole theory about constraints actually increasing creativity.  A famous example is a book publisher betting Dr. Suess he couldn't write a kid's book using only 50 distinct words.  Out of that constraint came green eggs and ham.  I think the roster constraints have helped Miles here, because there isn't a whole lot he can mess around with. 7 guys are playing, period.  He can't put someone on a short leash, so guys can play free and know what's going to happen with minutes.  So it frees him up to focus on other stuff like using his timeouts, especially since ending a run probably correlates to getting his guys a breather.  Reminds me of his first year.  He was playing 6 or 7 guys max, and I recall a lot of 2nd halves the starters never came out unless someone fouled out.  And that team way overpunched it's talent level.  So much fun to watch these guys right now.  Playing hard, playing smart, knowing their roles, what a fun stretch.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

    The team looks like it is having fun again.  I guess winning will bring joy; but whatever, it is fun watching the team have fun.

     

    Several folks have mentioned here and in the game thread that the Huskers look like they are having FUN (at least a lot more fun than the Maryland team).

    Quote

    Miles: how did the big three do?
    Johnny F. Trueblood: Me, Thor, and Tanner did pretty well tonight. We had 11.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, RedEyedFanatic said:

    There's this whole theory about constraints actually increasing creativity.  A famous example is a book publisher betting Dr. Suess he couldn't write a kid's book using only 50 distinct words.  Out of that constraint came green eggs and ham.  I think the roster constraints have helped Miles here, because there isn't a whole lot he can mess around with. 7 guys are playing, period.  He can't put someone on a short leash, so guys can play free and know what's going to happen with minutes.  So it frees him up to focus on other stuff like using his timeouts, especially since ending a run probably correlates to getting his guys a breather.  Reminds me of his first year.  He was playing 6 or 7 guys max, and I recall a lot of 2nd halves the starters never came out unless someone fouled out.  And that team way overpunched it's talent level.  So much fun to watch these guys right now.  Playing hard, playing smart, knowing their roles, what a fun stretch.

    i believe it. these guys are no longer in their comfort zones. they have to make things happen without much help.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...