Jump to content
  • hhcmatt
    hhcmatt

    uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 32 - Rutgers

    Sign in to follow this  

      Nebraska 68 - Rutgers 61

      Huskers pull away from a sloppy Rutgers team

      James Palmer puts up 34Capture.JPG

       

       

    I wondered how motivated Nebraska would be and they very much were

     

    Nebraska was a three man offense tonight. Palmer, Roby, and Watson end up attempting 45 of our 52 shot attempts (87%), and 28 of our 32 FT attempts (88%)

    Palmer got off to a slow start but carried the team most of the second half.  His 34 points were one short of the B1G tourney record

    Roby didn't have it tonight offensively but block/altered a lot of shots. He's really one of the elite shot blockers in the conference.

    Watson also didn't have it shooting but led the team in assists (5) and like Palmer played all 40 minutes. Roby played 39 sitting for that minute with the ankle sprain

    Tanner was solid as usual and 2nd on the team with 3 steals (we had 12 total)

    Brady had a couple of nice buckets but was targeted when on the court by Rutgers

    Thorir played some solid minutes

     

    Am I forgetting someone?

     

    Ah, Johnathan Trueblood. Led the team in steals with 4 had a nifty move for a bucket, finally hit a FT and most importantly seems to be the vocal guy on the court that we've been missing.  I think we'd very much like the guys who are injured to be playing but it's a testament to JT that after spending his career on the bench he was prepared to contribute like he has.

     

    On to Maryland!

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    Our offense was good but we struggled finishing.  That and pedestrian free throw shooting cost us at least 15 points, likely more.  Yet we won.  We had good pace, role players played their roles and James got hot when we really needed it.  

     

    Good team win...and congratulations to Tim and the staff for putting a great game plan together.  Nicely done!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    15 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

    I wondered how motivated Nebraska would be and they very much were

     

    Nebraska was a three man offense tonight. Palmer, Roby, and Watson end up attempting 45 of our 52 shot attempts (87%), and 28 of our 32 FT attempts (88%)

    Palmer got off to a slow start but carried the team most of the second half.  His 34 points were one short of the B1G tourney record

    Roby didn't have it tonight offensively but block/altered a lot of shots. He's really one of the elite shot blockers in the conference.

    Watson also didn't have it shooting but led the team in assists (5) and like Palmer played all 40 minutes. Roby played 39 sitting for that minute with the ankle sprain

    Tanner was solid as usual and 2nd on the team with 3 steals (we had 12 total)

    Brady had a couple of nice buckets but was targeted when on the court by Rutgers

    Thorir played some solid minutes

     

    Am I forgetting someone?

     

    Ah, Johnathan Trueblood. Led the team in steals with 4 had a nifty move for a bucket, finally hit a FT and most importantly seems to be the vocal guy on the court that we've been missing.  I think we'd very much like the guys who are injured to be playing but it's a testament to JT that after spending his career on the bench he was prepared to contribute like he has.

     

    On to Maryland!

     truebloods high school stats were not far off from mike gesell. both played in class B.

     JT: 23.0 points, 5.1 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 2.8 steals. 

    MG: 25.2 points, 8.2 assists, 5.5 rebounds and 2.9 steals

    Edited by TimSmiles

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

     truebloods high school stats were not far off from mike gesell. both played in class B.

     JT: 23.0 points, 5.1 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 2.8 steals. 

    MG: 25.2 points, 8.2 assists, 5.5 rebounds and 2.9 steals

    We should have offered both of them ?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Seems appropriate that NU had a 15-0 run to break it open against Rutgers. It was the reverse of that at Rutgers earlier this year. Nebraska really wanted this one, JPJ & JTB both balled out, in different ways, of course; but those were the 2 linchpins tonight !!! GBR !!!

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    29 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

    If you saw that 15-0 run coming at the end yer a bigger liar than Donald Trump.

     

    Of course I did. It was the proverbial payback for the 15-zip that Rutgers got against our NU.

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

     

    No, he's referencing all of the dumb political crap in this thread

     

    Ahh, yes. I was just hoping to be done with all that K.M. after all their ridiculousness, political or otherwise.

     

     

     

    Edited by AuroranHusker

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

    Got to listen to KP the whole game without TV. Unfortunately it was because I was ripping out soogy carpet from my basement. Thanks for making a bad situation a lot more fun @Kent Pavelka

     

    Yikes. That stinks, man.

     

    GBR -- nonetheless I'd imagine Trueblood's play today probably got Kent all jacked... And that JPJ breakaway dunk too. ?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    11 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

    Got to listen to KP the whole game without TV. Unfortunately it was because I was ripping out soogy carpet from my basement. Thanks for making a bad situation a lot more fun @Kent Pavelka

    I don't know how to share video of our driveway but it is bad.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    How did Roby not get on the Big 10 All-Defensive team?  He was the only player in the top 10 in steals and blocks.  

     

    Anyway the team played hard on defense and attacked the rim.  We struggled from the outside.  Palmer had 22 free throw attempts alone.  Rutgers had 11.  Need to make the bunnies tomorrow to have a chance.  I don't see us shooting 21 more free throws than Maryland.  

     

    Heiman gave us a glimpse of what he is capable of in the future.  Needs to spend all summer in the weight room.  Rutgers was pushing him around a bunch.

     

    Kept alive for one more day.  Kudos to the Gang of 8.

     

    Let's keep the ride going.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, brfrad said:

    How did Roby not get on the Big 10 All-Defensive team?  He was the only player in the top 10 in steals and blocks.  

     

    Anyway the team played hard on defense and attacked the rim.  We struggled from the outside.  Palmer had 22 free throw attempts alone.  Rutgers had 11.  Need to make the bunnies tomorrow to have a chance.  I don't see us shooting 21 more free throws than Maryland.  

     

    Heiman gave us a glimpse of what he is capable of in the future.  Needs to spend all summer in the weight room.  Rutgers was pushing him around a bunch.

     

    Kept alive for one more day.  Kudos to the Gang of 8.

     

    Let's keep the ride going.

     

    Roby can come back in 2019-20 and become the Big Ten Player of the Year. And Defensive Player of the Year. If only he knew how good he is. ?

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, AuroranHusker said:

     

    Roby can come back in 2019-20 and become the Big Ten Player of the Year. And Defensive Player of the Year. If only he knew how good he is. ?

     

     

    It seems the coaches don't know how good of a defensive player he is.??

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, throwback said:

    For Red Sox fans, he'll always be known as Bucky Effing Dent for an out-of-the-blue 1978 HR that knocked the Sox out of the postseason.

     

    In a similar manner, when Rutgers fans speak of this game -- and they will, often, in the decades to come -- he'll always be known as Johnny Effing Trueblood.

    All six of them?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...