Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 27 - @ Penn St.


    uneblinstu
    • Penn St 95 - Nebraska 71

      Lackadaisical Huskers buzzsawed by one of the worst offenses in the conference 

       

      Dz0CKygX0AEqmNx.jpg

       

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    8 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

     

    Picking up their man on D. And staying with their man on D. Neither were particularly done well.

     

     

     

    Glynn hits the 3 and then Miles, who had been watching quietly the whole time yells either at the whole team or Watson specifically about putting on the full court press and I think Watson either forgets or ignores him.  You lose sight of the court because the camera is tracking Watson down the court with the "guy who just made a shot cam" so maybe it was something else.

     

     

    Capture.JPG

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Seems like a simple reminder might be the better idea, given we actually had a guy just make a shot and perhaps could attempt to try to make two in a row.  DIdn't bench him long, but Watson didn't look too thrilled about the benching.  Just a subtle sign that Miles possibly has lost these guys.  

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    46 minutes ago, royalfan said:

    Seems like a simple reminder might be the better idea, given we actually had a guy just make a shot and perhaps could attempt to try to make two in a row.  DIdn't bench him long, but Watson didn't look too thrilled about the benching.  Just a subtle sign that Miles possibly has lost these guys.  

     

    If that game last time doesn't show that these fellas aren't into it, I don't know what would. Four straight ranked teams to finish the regular season. Whoa, boy. Hang on tight.....

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, AuroranHusker said:

     

    If that game last time doesn't show that these fellas aren't into it, I don't know what would. Four straight ranked teams to finish the regular season. Whoa, boy. Hang on tight.....

     

     

     

    Crazy thing is... for Miles and the team... if we go 4-0 to end the season all against Q1 Top 25 teams... even with last night... we are still in.

     

    Much more likely to go 0-4 than 4-0, but if I was on a team... I would still be fighting my tail off.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

     

    Crazy thing is... for Miles and the team... if we go 4-0 to end the season all against Q1 Top 25 teams... even with last night... we are still in.

     

    Much more likely to go 0-4 than 4-0, but if I was on a team... I would still be fighting my tail off.

     

    Oh yeah, I totally agree (if I were a part of this team).

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

     

    Crazy thing is... for Miles and the team... if we go 4-0 to end the season all against Q1 Top 25 teams... even with last night... we are still in.

     

    Much more likely to go 0-4 than 4-0, but if I was on a team... I would still be fighting my tail off.

    there's almost no chance we go 4-0. our defense is going to slip up in at least 1 or 2 of those games.

     

    but 2 home games and a road game against a beat up mich st team makes me think 2-2 is possible.

     

    that would at least put us on the bubble heading into the conference tournament.

    Edited by TimSmiles

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, TimSmiles said:

    there's almost no chance we go 4-0. our defense is going to slip up in at least 1 or 2 of those games.

     

    but 2 home games and a road game against a beat up mich st team makes me think 2-2 is possible.

     

    that would at least put us on the bubble heading into the tournament.

     

    Not saying that we were going to go 4-0.  I was merely stating that there is still a lot to play for... even after last night.  Hell, this is one of the only sports where you have a tournament at the end of the year that you can play your way into the "post-season" despite your in-season performance.

     

    I guess the point of my post was to say that I am so disappointed but if the players wanted to... there is still a lot to play for... and I sure would be if it were me.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    32 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

     

    Crazy thing is... for Miles and the team... if we go 4-0 to end the season all against Q1 Top 25 teams... even with last night... we are still in.

     

    Much more likely to go 0-4 than 4-0, but if I was on a team... I would still be fighting my tail off.

    The thing is, you cannot think about going 4-0.  You cannot think beyond the next game.  You have to treat Saturday's game like it is the most important game of the season, because it is.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, Huskerpapa said:

    The thing is, you cannot think about going 4-0.  You cannot think beyond the next game.  You have to treat Saturday's game like it is the most important game of the season, because it is.

     

    First, you have to want to be at the game.  That'll be a start for Saturday that we didn't see last night.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I just hope guys like Watson and Palmer have some pride.    I get that it's disappointing that your NCAA dream has been destroyed for all realistic purposes, but do you really want to go out leaving the type of impression that was left last night?  Both in terms of their legacy externally but the own internal taste in their mouth.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The effort by Palmer, Watson and Allen was particularly disappointing. Not bothering to box out, miscommunication and/or lack of effort on defense, lack of rotations, bad shots on offense. All kinds of signs that the team either wasn't prepared or didn't care. At least Amir Harris played hard. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    32 minutes ago, Jacob Padilla said:

    The effort by Palmer, Watson and Allen was particularly disappointing. Not bothering to box out, miscommunication and/or lack of effort on defense, lack of rotations, bad shots on offense. All kinds of signs that the team either wasn't prepared or didn't care. At least Amir Harris played hard. 

     

    Yep. Pretty much on the 3 guards in the starting lineup, maybe one or 2 should 'sit' a bit more... Amir balled out. Thor always tries, even if he's not always successful at it.

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    While I have my misgivings regarding Miles, Palmer, and Watson, there will be a Senior night, and I just hope all the criticism can be forgotten/forgave for an evening.  Maybe we can even see Glynn smile, dude never looks like he's having much fun.  After that game and the subsequent end of the season Miles and the Seniors will move on.  They all did what they thought was right and gave it their all.  Hopefully they, at least, can have a memorable Senior night.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    27 minutes ago, Huskerone said:

    While I have my misgivings regarding Miles, Palmer, and Watson, there will be a Senior night, and I just hope all the criticism can be forgotten/forgave for an evening.  Maybe we can even see Glynn smile, dude never looks like he's having much fun.  After that game and the subsequent end of the season Miles and the Seniors will move on.  They all did what they thought was right and gave it their all.  Hopefully they, at least, can have a memorable Senior night.

     

    Everyone here can get behind wanting to kick Iowa in the teeth

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

     

    Everyone here can get behind wanting to kick Iowa in the teeth

     

    I say kick 'em a little further down also, for good measure!

     

    Maybe warm up for the occasion by giving Haarms the business again!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Lack of depth might have led to a lack of accountability.  Players, except for Borchardt know they aren’t being pulled for lack of effort.  Let’s get this nightmare of a season over and begin the long, difficult task of trying to build a legitimate basketball program.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...