Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 25 - vs. Minnesota


    uneblinstu
    • Nebraska 62 - Minnesota 61

      Huskers snap 7 game skid

      Glynn Watson gets his groove back and JPJ sinks the game winner at the FT lineCapture.JPG 

       

    - Glynn and Palmer were great tonight. If there is going to be any flicker of a hope of a miracle, this needs to be the main ingredient.

    - It was kinda Roby roulette tonight.

    - I don't care how they won it, I'm just thrilled they did. I hope that takes the pressure off.

    - Kelly Pfeifer had himself a day.

    - Tom Allen had a helluva game.

    - I like the basketball IQ of both Thor and Amir. Just need to get them coached up to score a bit.

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    If you have time... listen to the last 1:30 of the game.  You'll get to hear Kent go crazy and call Pitino an "idiot" though he apologized later.

     

    I mean I was thinking the same thing.  Sit down before you get T'd up idiot.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Since Miles' job was brought up as was inevitable, one last thought regarding 2020 starting lineups : With Miles: Brady Heiman, Dachon Burke,Thomas Allen, Isaiah Roby, Jervay Green Without Miles: Heiman, Burke, and three other guys. Not saying it will happen, but certainly a possibility. Final thought-Pitino was played by Dustin Hoffman.

    Edited by jimmykc

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, khoock said:

    Obviously we need to just focus turning one win into two. But i cant help but look ahead. As a Tim Miles supporter, I am holding on by a thread. I mentioned elsewhere that this game was gonna make or break my decision on Miles. If we lost, he needs to go no doubt about it in my mind. But we won. So im still hanging in there.

     

    What do we think needs to be done (realistically) for Timmy to save his job?

     

    Im gonna say win the next two for sure, split Iowa/Purdue and pull out a game in Chicago. Thats gonna put us at 18-15 (7-13)... is that enough?

     

    Thats the best case, realistic scenario I can see. Maybe we sweep the home games and that bumps us to 19-14 (8-12). Thats a BIG MAYBE.

     

    But nonetheless, there is hope. GBR!

    Funny you should bring up the topic...last night (I believe with seconds left in the game) we called a time out.  I remember turning to my son and said this may be one of Tim's most important time-outs in his Husker career.  The results of the play coming out of time out may make or break his job status.  Do you remember what happened out of that time out?  Glynn trips and we turn the ball over.  Murphy then got called for the charge and the rest is history.

     

    Now, I have no clue what play was called, but oh my goodness, if we had lost...what a disaster it would have been.  Thank goodness we received the benefit of two good calls by the referee's.  (By the way, when Jackwagon Petino starts complaining about calls, did he forget that somehow Glynn was tripped on the inbounds play...shouldn't that have been called a foul?)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    13 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

    Since Miles' job was brought up as was inevitable, one last thought regarding 2002 starting lineups : With Miles: Brady Heiman, Dachon Burke,Thomas Allen, Isaiah Roby, Jervay Green Without Miles: Heiman, Burke, and three other guys. Not saying it will happen, but certainly a possibility. Final thought-Pitino was played by Dustin Hoffman.

    I kind of think he looks like Sid from the Ice Age movies...

     

    Related image

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Glad we got the win.  We needed that!! Hopefully we can keep it going & bring back some hope/belief again. 

     

    Is it just me, or do we seem to have a bunch of near turnovers because we don't catch a ball cleanly or lose it slightly while dribbling through traffic? It seemed like Roby could have had a few more turnovers if he didn't corral the ball himself.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    31 minutes ago, khoock said:

    I might not have explained it the best. If we would have lost I would have been all in on a new coach bc all of my hope for this season would have been lost. Us winning doesnt make me say offer him an extension right now. But it keeps my hope alive that we can turn this season around. Theres a small chance we squeak out 18-19 wins and are on the bubble (wrong or right side idk). I am Miles fan so i have been slow to give up on him and the Minny win lets me believe that we can make something happen, atleast for another game.

     

    I could see scenarios where we make the tourney and still fire Miles or where we don't and still keep him; last year certainly was one.

    After living through the gut punch that was the month of January personally I'm rooting for us to win every single game with no strings attached as to the fate of Tim Miles. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, dskurz said:

    Glad we got the win.  We needed that!! Hopefully we can keep it going & bring back some hope/belief again. 

     

    Is it just me, or do we seem to have a bunch of near turnovers because we don't catch a ball cleanly or lose it slightly while dribbling through traffic? It seemed like Roby could have had a few more turnovers if he didn't corral the ball himself.

     

    Yes, Nebraska basically lives life "on the edge."

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    22 minutes ago, jayschool said:

    I'm pretty sure Kent said, "Sit down, Dick," after he called Richard an "idiot." "Idiot" is at 3:05:09 and "Dick" is about seven seconds later.

     

    A minute and a tenth left...twice, come on Kent!  it was 1.1 seconds left.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    My notes and questions:

    -Crowd was OK in my opinion.  Fair for a team on a 7 game losing streak

    -What's up with Nana?  He ran around in pregame and was cheering on the bendch like normal?  Tim said he had been sick, but why did he not play when he looked completely normal on the sideline??

    -I fully expected a Shim-Sham to jump out of the giant cake at half time... What a wasted opportunity having it be Herbie.  Maybe we can get a shim sham for the 200th anniversary.

    -Kent with the "the Dude abides" for Palmer at the end.... that's a new one

    -I went to the game with a casual Husker fan.  Went to the store at halftime and he was appalled at the lack of quality basketball gear.  He said there was a better selection of football gear than basketball gear ------- at a basketball game!   I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it really is ridiculous.  Surely there is a member on this board that has some access to the athletic department that can find out why they don't want to sell basketball gear??

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    17 minutes ago, Mr. Red said:

    My notes and questions:

    -Crowd was OK in my opinion.  Fair for a team on a 7 game losing streak

    -What's up with Nana?  He ran around in pregame and was cheering on the bendch like normal?  Tim said he had been sick, but why did he not play when he looked completely normal on the sideline??

    -I fully expected a Shim-Sham to jump out of the giant cake at half time... What a wasted opportunity having it be Herbie.  Maybe we can get a shim sham for the 200th anniversary.

    -Kent with the "the Dude abides" for Palmer at the end.... that's a new one

    -I went to the game with a casual Husker fan.  Went to the store at halftime and he was appalled at the lack of quality basketball gear.  He said there was a better selection of football gear than basketball gear ------- at a basketball game!   I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it really is ridiculous.  Surely there is a member on this board that has some access to the athletic department that can find out why they don't want to sell basketball gear??

    Scheels in Lincoln sells Adidas Herbie spinning the basketball shirt, as well as the hat. But our own arena store doesn't!  We do lack good apparel to buy. And its too bad because Adidas has great gear, I'm not sure what the University is thinking.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    24 minutes ago, Mr. Red said:

     

    -Kent with the "the Dude abides"

    -I went to the game with a casual Husker fan.  Went to the store at halftime and he was appalled at the lack of quality basketball gear.  He said there was a better selection of football gear than basketball gear ------- at a basketball game!   I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it really is ridiculous.  Surely there is a member on this board that has some access to the athletic department that can find out why they don't want to sell basketball gear??

     

    Yeah, I noted "The Dude abides" as well. ha! Awesome.

     

    And, for sure, the lack of Nebrasketball apparel (in general) by adidas that is *readily available is appalling. @Kent Pavelka, can we pass this along to someone who can do something about the stuff stocked at NU Stores?! Please and thank you!!!

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, jayschool said:

    I'm pretty sure Kent said, "Sit down, Dick," after he called Richard an "idiot." "Idiot" is at 3:05:09 and "Dick" is about seven seconds later.

     

     

    hahaha. Kent getting a little salty. But before he has to wade in here and clarify this, I'll happily play Kent's lawyer: Dick is a common patronymic for Richard. (cough cough). 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, tcp said:

     

    hahaha. Kent getting a little salty. But before he has to wade in here and clarify this, I'll happily play Kent's lawyer: Dick is a common patronymic for Richard. (cough cough). 

     

    Yeah it's not like @Kent Pavelka said Dick........ head. ;)

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Nana may have missed the scout or not have been in game shape.  Amir was pretty effective and with Watson and Palmer hitting we needed more D than O.

     

    The last foul reminded me of our poor close outs that cost us the Incarnate Word game a few years back.  Fouling a guy on the three.  You can't close out that way and have contact.  (especially on the road.  ;))

     

    I am in the minority here but if Nebraska scrapes to a winning a record then I say:

     

    We won the state this year, we are starting to win the state in recruiting (with talent trending up), we have some nice pieces coming back and coming in, we had back to back winning seasons in a conference this year which was an absolute beast.  Tim is my guy.

     

    I think the most likely scenario is 17-16 and a new coach, but it's not what I want.  (Finish 2-4 and then 1-1 in tourney)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, khoock said:

    Obviously we need to just focus turning one win into two...

    ... the best case, realistic scenario I can see. Maybe we sweep the home games and that bumps us to 19-14 (8-12). Thats a BIG MAYBE.

     

    But nonetheless, there is hope. GBR!

     

     

    Win at least 1 game in Chicago after 8-12 in the B1G, and that's 20-14 with 9 Big Ten victories. And a lot of Q1/Q2 victories in the process. That's likely a date in Dayton in the First Four of the Big Dance.......

     

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    37 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

     

     

    Win at least 1 game in Chicago after 8-12 in the B1G, and that's 20-14 with 9 Big Ten victories. And a lot of Q1/Q2 victories in the process. That's likely a date in Dayton in the First Four of the Big Dance.......

     

     

    The debate on if a first 4 win counts as a tournament win, will be exhausting. Better get started now.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

    The debate on if a first 4 win counts as a tournament win, will be exhausting. Better get started now.

     

    I would appreciate this debate a hell of a lot more than the "where this season went wrong, guess the date Miles will be fired, and guess who our next coach" debates we would be seeing otherwise.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...