Jump to content
  • uneblinstu
    uneblinstu

    uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 17 - @ Indiana

    Sign in to follow this  

      Nebraska 66 - #25 Indiana 51

      HOOSIER DADDY?!?!?

      Nebraska leads the entire game beating their first ranked road opponent since the last time they played Indiana on the road.

       

      palmer.JPG

    Well, that was about the perfect start to the game.

    Roby's 2nd...woof...Changed the course of the half.

    Couple bad possessions late in the half gave IU a little life.

    How does NU finish the half? That may go a long way towards deciding this one...Not great as it turns out. 

    IU started the 2nd half the aggressor. Down to 5 point lead as of this typing.

    Copeland needs to box out on that jump ball. He can struggle with that at times.

    JPJ with some questionable shot selection.

    Tanner Borchardt had himself a night.

    That sequence where JPJ missed the bunny that turned into a Glynn 3 might have been the game changer.

    The answer after IU cut the lead to 5 was a work of art.

    The zone was effective once again.

    Good to see Nana and TB in the 2nd half more.

    Better defensive effort tonight. Hope that carries over. Saw much more of what we saw early in the season. 

    Really controlled nearly this entire game. Huge win for some many reasons!

    Thursday sets up for a monster opportunity.

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    12 minutes ago, imnothipp said:

    Is there any way to get Tanner another year? He played 1 minute his sophomore year.  Can they appeal this?

    Redshirt Rules

    For an athlete to receive a standard redshirt, the NCAA requires that player not be involved in any competition for the year he is redshirted. Any amount of competition time, even 1 minute on a basketball court during a regular season game, for example, counts as a season of eligibility.

    Redshirted athletes are allowed to travel, practice and even dress for competition for their team during their redshirt season, but the minute they step on the playing field, they lose their redshirt status and use a season of eligibility.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Now that was fun.  I wanted to post last night, but I was enjoying the board and everyone else's posts too much last night.

     

    1.  We came out like a determined team.  We were the more experienced team and it showed from the beginning.

     

    2.  Sadly, Indiana doesn't have much outside of Langford and Morgan.  However, those are two all conference guys that they have on their team.  Crazy o see such a talent discrepancy from guys 1 and 2 to 3-5+.  

     

    3.  That's a solid Q1 road win.  That will turn some heads come March.  I saw it posted, but I thought it as well... I wonder just how sick the team actually was and how much we are finally stating to get over that.

     

    4.  It's funny how there are about 50 less replies to the official Nebraska Twitter and Facebook posts for basketball after wins than there are for losses.  That is a TOXIC place after an L.

     

    5.  13-4.... 13-4!!!  I realize some on here were a little disappointed after dropping to 11-4.  I understand that.  However, at 13-4... every single one of use would have taken that at the star of the season.

     

    6.  We're not close to the bubble as of right now.  I know it might have felt like it after our two losses, but following that up with 2 wins and one @Indiana has us further away from the bubble than some may think.

     

    7.  #10 NET ranking and #11 KenPom should tell you that we aren't even anywhere close to the bubble right now.

     

    8.  If you want a good laugh, head over to the IU rivals board.  That place imploded after our win.

     

    9.  Sadly, I was reading the article in the Indy Star or something like that... BR tweeted about it... and it pissed me off.  They made it sound like they lost to Mississippi Valley State.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

    Now that was fun.  I wanted to post last night, but I was enjoying the board and everyone else's posts too much last night.

     

    1.  We came out like a determined team.  We were the more experienced team and it showed from the beginning.

     

    2.  Sadly, Indiana doesn't have much outside of Langford and Morgan.  However, those are two all conference guys that they have on their team.  Crazy o see such a talent discrepancy from guys 1 and 2 to 3-5+.  

     

    3.  That's a solid Q1 road win.  That will turn some heads come March.  I saw it posted, but I thought it as well... I wonder just how sick the team actually was and how much we are finally stating to get over that.

     

    4.  It's funny how there are about 50 less replies to the official Nebraska Twitter and Facebook posts for basketball after wins than there are for losses.  That is a TOXIC place after an L.

     

    5.  13-4.... 13-4!!!  I realize some on here were a little disappointed after dropping to 11-4.  I understand that.  However, at 13-4... every single one of use would have taken that at the star of the season.

     

    6.  We're not close to the bubble as of right now.  I know it might have felt like it after our two losses, but following that up with 2 wins and one @Indiana has us further away from the bubble than some may think.

     

    7.  #10 NET ranking and #11 KenPom should tell you that we aren't even anywhere close to the bubble right now.

     

    8.  If you want a good laugh, head over to the IU rivals board.  That place imploded after our win.

     

    9.  Sadly, I was reading the article in the Indy Star or something like that... BR tweeted about it... and it pissed me off.  They made it sound like they lost to Mississippi Valley State.

     

     

    The only bubbles we are on are getting into the midwest regional for lots of "home" games and for a 2 seed.

     

    Anyone who thinks this team is currently on the bubble is flat out a moron.

    Edited by kleitus

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

    The Indy Star doesn't have very nice things to say about last night's game:

     

    https://amp.indystar.com/amp/2559936002

     

    "This IU loss was disgustingDuring this disaster, IU fans couldn’t leave Assembly Hall fast enough. Which improved the atmosphere, honestly, because while they were here, they were booing."

     

    "...blowout loss to Nebraska, the darkest moment of an IU basketball season."

     

    "...if it sounds like I’m pushing the panic button, good for you. You’re listening to me."

     

    "This was their third straight loss, but it was nothing like the first two, losses on the road to two of the Big Ten’s top three teams, No. 2 Michigan and Maryland. Those losses are bad because, when you’re IU, any loss is bad."

     

    "But this loss was bad because the opponent was Nebraska, the location was Assembly Hall, the score was lopsided and the fan base was booing. Then leaving. The exodus began with 3½ minutes left..."

     

    "They left, and while I’m not a big believer in fans leaving early — and I hate it when fans boo the home team — the Hoosiers gave them no reason to stay."

     

    "This brutal stretch, which could see the Hoosiers slide from their current No. 24 ranking to the wrong side of the 2019 NCAA tournament bubble, starts Saturday. At Purdue. Oh, things could get worse, IU fans. Things could get a whole lot worse."

    I wanted to ask Greg if this was worse than losing last year to Nebraska in Lincoln. Or worse than losing to Nebraska two years ago at Assembly Hall. He knows we're 3-0 against them in the last three games, right? So maybe they can just aspire to be as good as Nebrasketball one day and stop denigrating the work Tim Miles has done against both Archie and Crean.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I get a kick out of reading how terrible a loss this was for IU. We’re obviously dealing with a lack of respect due to what Nebraska basketball has been historically (and I guess it’s tough to blame anyone for that). The real basketball talking heads seem to realize this isn’t your typical Nebraska hoops team though. We are every bit as good as that Maryland team and could have very easily beat them at their place. IMO with where we currently sit and how the upcoming schedule looks we have a real opportunity to stake claim at being a top 3-4 team in a very tough conference.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Great win last night. Loved how we handled the scoring drought and came back and put the game away. We played really solid D, but I also would be concerned about Indiana's energy level if I was an IU fan.

    Amazing how a solid road win can cheer up a place and a person (me). We still have a lot of work to do, but once again we learn just how long the season is and how many ups and downs there can be. I think we can play a bit more freely on Thursday versus MSU after this game. Momentum and confidence should be solid and we seem to play well versus Michigan State ... much having to do with Izzo refusing to play zone almost always.

    GBR!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    14 minutes ago, tjp21 said:

    I get a kick out of reading how terrible a loss this was for IU. We’re obviously dealing with a lack of respect due to what Nebraska basketball has been historically (and I guess it’s tough to blame anyone for that). The real basketball talking heads seem to realize this isn’t your typical Nebraska hoops team though. We are every bit as good as that Maryland team and could have very easily beat them at their place. IMO with where we currently sit and how the upcoming schedule looks we have a real opportunity to stake claim at being a top 3-4 team in a very tough conference.

     

    If we win Thursday it should kickstart us to a conference tourney bye.  The 6 games after that are all extremely winnable.

     

    You're looking at a 3 or 4 seed I'm the b1g if we win that game.  Which is also like a 3 or 4 seed in the ncaas...  maybe as high as a 2 seed.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Here is the deal Indiana fans:

    - Whether or not you want to admit it, the Huskers basketball team is good...obviously better than the Hoosiers;

    - Whether or not you want to admit it, Indiana may have overachieved to this point, but a good Husker team identified and took advantage of your weaknesses; 

    - The Huskers offense was more efficient than yours;

    - The Huskers defense was more effective than yours;

    - The Huskers out-hustled your team;

    - The Huskers out-rebounded your team:

    - Your team was out-coached;

    - Your fans are boorish; they booed and failed to support a team that should still make the NCAA tournament;

    - Like Husker football fans, your expectations seem to be getting in the way of reality.  You are not Duke, you are not Kansas, you are not Michigan or Michigan State...at least this year; sooo

     

    DEAL WITH IT!

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

     

    - Like Husker football fans, your expectations seem to be getting in the way of reality.  You are not Duke, you are not Kansas, you are not Michigan or Michigan State...at least this year; sooo

     

    DEAL WITH IT!

     

    They haven’t even been a top 5 team in the big ten in a decade 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    38 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

    They haven’t even been a top 5 team in the big ten in a decade 

     

    They have won two Big 10 titles.... but they are Jekyll and Hyde.  They'll follow up a first place finish with a middle to end of the pack finish.  No sustained success.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    14 hours ago, 49r said:

     

    haha, since so many guys on the team are going with Jr. at the end of their name now I'm just going to add it to everyone's last name from now on.

     

    Did we stop when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

     

     

    :D

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    10 hours ago, atskooc said:

    And...I'm still happy.

     

    During Nebrasketball's Big Ten era:

    NU's 6-4 vs Indiana

    And NU's 3-2 at Assembly Hall

     

    Yeah, I'm still smilin' too! GBR !!!

     

     

    Edited by AuroranHusker

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 1/14/2019 at 9:19 PM, Dean Smith said:

    Harris lost 20 pounds and needs time to recover, Nana has been sick for a while now, and we still happen to be the 15th team in the nation in offensive efficiency. We have five guys who can put it on the floor and shoot the long ball as well as four guys that can post up their position. We have one of the best starting fives in all of college basketball. Talk to any opposing coach. They will tell you we are a nightmare to game plan for and we are good enough that even when they come upon a good game plan, it won't always be enough as we still can get the win. That's how talented those 5 guys are. As players get healthy they will play more minutes. Until then sit back and enjoy what we are able to send out on the floor.

    Cool. We can risk it. Im never going to deny how great we are when we can be...

    But I'm also not the only one saying this. This coming from a scarred Timberwolves fan when thibs was there. Much happier now. My concern is entirely in the players' health, it's a holistic basketball conviction I have that 30-35 minutes is fine, but 35 and more starts to have a parabolic strain effect on the human body. This is all observational ofc. And with the caveat that college hoops is different than the NBA. I just strongly believe in team and rotational balance. That said, I couldn't agree more with you about the fantastic position we find the team in. I just dont want to hit march, and we havent experimented as well as invested play time in anyone outside of those 6, and we still have no depth and are one dimensional, and get ousted. We probably are fine, but it's just a lingering worry for me

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    19 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

    Redshirt Rules

    For an athlete to receive a standard redshirt, the NCAA requires that player not be involved in any competition for the year he is redshirted. Any amount of competition time, even 1 minute on a basketball court during a regular season game, for example, counts as a season of eligibility.

    Redshirted athletes are allowed to travel, practice and even dress for competition for their team during their redshirt season, but the minute they step on the playing field, they lose their redshirt status and use a season of eligibility.

     

    The key phrase here is "standard redshirt".  The reason redshirt waivers are petitioned for is to get an exemption for the standard redshirt rules.  Whether Tanner is interested and how strong the possibility for the waiver to be granted are another question.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 1/15/2019 at 8:47 AM, 49r said:

     

    haha, since so many guys on the team are going with Jr. at the end of their name now I'm just going to add it to everyone's last name from now on.

    Good strategy, 49r Jr.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...