Thoughts during the game. A bit of a stream of consciousness effort today.
- Michigan lost. Grrrrr….
- No Amir Coffey. Hopefully that’s a break NU can take advantage of.
- That was the exact start I was afraid of. Not sure what Watson was doing on that first possession. He got a wide open look and just biffed it. Minnesota came out on fire, which I was a little worried about.
- I liked the time out and response, though. A nice 11-2 run to respond was really encouraging.
- Copeland was running the floor really hard. Loved seeing that.
- Washington is gonna be a good player.
- It’s fun when we hit from 3.
- Jordy just can’t handle the ball. At all.
- Through the under 8 timeout, NU looks like the fresher team. And they’re playing with the urgency that a team on the bubble should play with.
- Huskers went on a 37-15 run after falling behind 7-0 to start the game.
- Roby got another #mansizedrebound according to Mr. Bardo.
- Palmer takes it to the hole like Lance Jeter used to do.
- I love watching Thomas Allen shoot the basketball.
- That 3 by Watson with about 30 seconds left was the worst shot we took in the half.
- Of course Washington hit that 3 at the end of the half…
- All-in-all, I’ll take that half, but that wasn’t a great end to it.
- If NU keeps playing hard in the 2nd, they’ll be fine.
- The break seems to have done Gill some good.
- Minnesota came out of the gates attacking. We’ll see if they can maintain it. I’m skeptical.
- The Watson to Roby lob was a work of art!
- JPJ was short on a few free throws tonight. Didn’t really expect that.
- The bulk of that run by Minnesota to get back in the game was with Watson, JPJ and Cope on the bench.
- Foul trouble for JPJ is problematic.
- I like how Roby attacks after grabbing the rebound.
- The Pitino technical foul killed all their momentum. NU went on a lightning quick 6 point spurt after that.
- Evidently Pavelka called Pitino a “jack wagon” on the broadcast. lol
- We had some timely offensive rebounds.
- Taylor hit a couple of clutch shots, too.
- I don’t know how Washington hit that shot around Roby. Circus. If he can find an outside shot, he’ll be impossible to guard. He almost is already.
- I know they shot the ball fairly well, but 21 attempts from 3 is too many.
- WOW! What a fortunate shot from Taylor on that broken possession. Huge play!
- Roby with all the dunks!
- They’re breaking the press a lot better now than they did in November.
- NU had an answer for every Gopher challenge. Really impressive, actually.
- To get 93 with the foul trouble JPJ was fighting is pretty impressive.