A win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win. I don’t care how attractive it was, just need to win and they did. In a lot of ways, this game felt a lot like some of those grinders we’d try and put teams through when they’d come in the Devaney Center. We’d try and muck it up and make it as ugly as possible. That’s what Rutgers did today. Good win. Got another one to get on Saturday vs. Iowa.
- Watson hitting early. That’s a great sign.
- He also found a couple wide open teammates early on. Roby missed a 3 and Jordy couldn’t handle the heat.
- That drive by Palmer to get NU to 8 was a work of art. He’s becoming impossible guard.
- Watson missed a couple at the end of the half.
- Things got a little muddy in the middle of the half. I probably should have expected that.
- Nice little flurry to end the half.
- I like how Copeland finished the half. Would be nice to get one other guy going beyond JPJ and Cope.
I don’t have the numbers right in front of me, but it feels like they rebounded mostly well.
- The booth at Rutgers is weird.
- I make the rebound comment then they get a 3 off an offensive rebound to open the half.
- I like Roby lobs.
- I like Copeland slams, too.
- We’ve got a block party to open the half.
- I liked the energy coming out of the break, but wish we didn’t have to wait until halftime to find it. Seems more of an issue on the road. NW, PSU, OSU, tonight all come to mind. There are a few examples of it happening at PBA, too.
- We’ll see how big that point on Geo Baker’s circus shot at the end of the shot clock turns out to be.
- Those back-to-back 3’s by Palmer and Cope to stretch the lead to 7 were kinda fun.
- Really pushed the tempo in the second half, Rutgers struggling to keep up with it.
- Roby is a really good passer. Thought his third was a pretty clean block.
- That lineup with Jordy, Allen and Evan on the floor was a little terrifying…
- We had some pretty awful entry passes this half.
- I think the ref got caught up in the moment on the offensive foul call on Palmer.
- Big boy rebound by Roby after picking up his 4th.
- Palmer didn’t play very well the back half of the 2nd half.
- 11 2nd half turnovers. Uck. The five that NU was able to force Rutgers into, however, were all pretty timely, it seemed.
- That was a monster offensive rebound by Copeland. It reminded me of that one time Kyle Marks picked up a big offensive rebound in a win at Missouri. I forget what year that was. I hated that shot by Palmer there, though.
- That hesitation by Watson to get to the rim to push the lead to 4 was pretty.
- How did they not get that rebound after Sà missed that free throw? We had 3 guys there?
- And then a huge offensive foul drawn by Watson. He’s been really solid today.
- Got destroyed on the boards in the 2nd half.
- Good win. I’ll take it.