Kind of a strange game. Glad to get the win.
- Not sure what's up with Glynn. He can't string 'em together.
- Thought we did a good job on Happ for the most part. He got loose a bit down the stretch. He's just a bowling ball, really tough to match-up with.
- Part of that good effort was because Jordy had his best game in a long time. I don't think we win without him. Hopefully this is a confidence boost for him and he can string a few together.
- This was Palmer's game. He did a little bit of everything. But that turnover at the end of the game will make ya tear your hair out.
- So, the numbers said saw we shot terribly from 3. I thought we got a ton of good looks, though. How many did we have rim out? At least 3. We had at least 3 more that were dead on just a little long. That happens sometimes. Hopefully that corrects itself on Friday.
- They put on a dunk show in pregame warmups. Really entertaining stuff. I thought they were gonna come out loose and free. In the postgame, Miles seemed to view it as a lack of focus instead. I don't think he was as happy with the effort.
- I thought the effort was intermittent. We had a few times where we threatened to run them out of the gym and just couldn't land the knockout blow. We got up 24-14, I think, with about 6 minutes left before half. Then we had about five just terrible possessions and let Wisconsin back in it. Really frustrating stretch.
- Wisconsin has some nice young talent. They're gonna get a ton of experience this year that will probably pay off for them in a couple of years. Davison was tough as nails. Not sure they've got any front court replacements for Happ, though, unless they've got something coming in. They just really muck things up and make it difficult to pull away. Tough team to play.
- NU won this game because this game they were able to get to the line and they were excellent from the line. Anything from 3 tonight and we're probably talking about a 20 point laugher. It really felt like we controlled most of the game.
- Speaking of laughing, that play by Roby from his keister was pretty great.
- Thought the crowd was meh tonight.
- Got some really good minutes from Allen tonight, too. He had one of those 3's that rimmed out.
- We got our 12th win tonight. Equaled our win total from last year with at least 14 games left.
Every game from here on out is the biggest game of the year. They need to treat them with the same urgency they did Minnesota, Creighton and Kansas.
So, it wasn't a work of art. I don't think we played all that well, but we got the win despite it. Let's go get one in Happy Valley on Friday.